BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Compliance & Control (Trade Surveillance)
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses including the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. In EMEA, Compliance is split into four pillars; Advisory, Monitoring, Financial Crime and Regulatory Change. Advisory provide the second line of defence on compliance issues for all of the lines of business in EMEA, assisting the business through regulatory requirements, best practices and regulatory relationships.
In order to support the sustainable delivery of the products & services we require a Trade Surveillance Analyst to provide a first line review of alerts and organise any escalations diligently and professionally. The role supports the day-to-day running of 2nd Line of Defence Compliance Monitoring and Surveillance activities across the EMEA from London. The role will give compliance coverage specifically to the Capital Markets and Corporate Treasury businesses in EMEA.
- Trade Surveillance: To review equity, FX & e-coms alerts to detect and identify potential market abusive activities or behaviour.
- Perform voice surveillance sampling.
- Review and evidence clearly and factually.
- Escalate findings in a controlled and organised fashion.
- To approach surveillance activities on a holistic basis considering flow of orders and quotes from other lines of business and reviewing activities per trader / sales person.
- To issue STORs on a timely basis, track issues, respond to related regulatory enquiries and report internally on issues and concerns as they arise.
- Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Business or Finance degree preferred.
- Proven total work experience in Compliance within financial services compliance.
- Industry compliance qualifications with an understanding of Markets asset classes and potential market abusive practises.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 85161
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1811901