BNY Mellon Careers
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Overview of Pershing Technology
Technology at Pershing, a BNY Mellon company, provides key technology solutions for our clients. We build, maintain and support the Nexus product, a full front to back set of in-house and vendor developed systems covering order processing, trading, clearance and settlement, books and records, reporting and regulatory systems.
We are currently recruiting for a Data Architect role within our Manchester technology centre to meet the business drivers for 2019 and beyond.
Overview of the Role
As a member of the Pershing Technology team, you will be working closely with colleagues across the Technology department and within the wider BNY Mellon organisation to effectively govern the data assets of our systems. The architecture is primarily based on Microsoft .net / C#, Microsoft SQL, Java & Unisys ABSuite which uses a DMS II database. The team is based in London, Manchester, Liverpool, Chennai and Pune.
This role is part of the small Architecture team, comprising of around 10 people, with a responsibility for ensuring strong design practices are followed as well as defining the future roadmap. The successful candidate will bring 8+ years of technical experience and be able to bring current industry knowledge into the team.
We need someone who:
• Will implement strong and efficient Data Governance processes within the team, aligned with both industry and BNY Mellon direction
• Will document, maintain and provide design oversight of the system data model
• Defines desired future state of the overall data architecture, and conceives projects needed to close the gap between current state and future, strategic goals.
• Is able to collaborate with staff at all levels and is an excellent communicator – written and verbal
• Expert knowledge of database and data model design principles, including designing for performance and capacity considerations
• Expert knowledge of data governance principles, including functions such as data dictionary, data quality and data lineage
• Experience of working with multiple integrated products supporting different data models
• Experience of both OLTP and reporting / analysis data models and systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Financial services knowledge, especially with respect to data models
• Experience of delivering solutions in a regulated business environment
• Experience working and delivering across a multi-location team
• Experience migrating from legacy technologies
• Experience working with strategic vendors
• Experience of Data Warehouse / Data Mart solutions to enable user led information retrieval and analysis
• Experience with new and emerging data technologies such as NoSQL, unstructured data and predictive analytics
In return, we will
• Provide you with interesting and complex technology problems to solve
• Provide an interesting, challenging and varied experience
• Offer and organise training, support and peer mentoring
• Build a career path specifically for you
Pershing provides a broad range of financial business solutions to investment banks, broker-dealers, wealth managers, financial planners and advisers across EMEA. We provide sophisticated front-end technology and flexible middle office capabilities with execution, settlement and custody services. These are supported by a robust regulatory and compliance framework with dedicated client asset experience and expertise. Find out more at pershing.com/Europe
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60001
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1812009