BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Business Development
Pershing delivers global execution, clearing, settlement and custody solutions to a range of institutional bank and brokers and wealth management clients in EMEA.
Our clients gain access to fluid solutions to help them better serve their customers, covering the entire trade and investor lifecycle from trade execution to custody with services ranging from low-touch agent network outsourcing services to fully integrated outsourced books and records and balance sheet enhancement through Agent Bank outsourcing as well as Model A and Model B services
Client demographics include multiple tier profiles requiring services such as bespoke domestic (CREST / DTCC / FED) clearing through to global cash equity and fixed income markets servicing agency brokers, proprietary trading desks and market-makers trading either on stock exchanges, multilateral trading facilities or over the counter.
To promote, market and sell BNYM Pershing and Broker Dealer Services to prospective Clients. Additionally, where appropriate, lead and/or support opportunities within existing Clients that require additional products and services. Contribute toward ongoing product development by working with various product and support heads to identify ways in which our Client offering and services may be improved.
Work with the wider BNYM organisation to identify opportunities for new relationships and also for extending relationships with existing clients.
Work alongside on-boarding teams together with Client Services and relationship teams, co-ordinating prospecting activities for new business and seeking their technical input/cooperation where required for active pipeline opportunities as well as RFI and RFP responses.
Create and maintain accurate pipeline records using CRM tools (Salesforce) for all deals involved in.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Generate new revenue, increase product penetration and maintain a calling schedule of face to face client and prospect calls and employ marketing strategies that promote and introduce the full range of Company products and services through close collaboration with the various lines of business
- Develop a good understanding of market trends, product take up and existing client's strategic needs such as investment objectives and initiatives, asset & liability management philosophy and challenges, financing and treasury management needs, risk management and governance priorities; develop pro-active strategies that address these needs
- Maintain a developing network of relationships and contacts across market structures including but not limited to Client, Prospects, Competitors and Infrastructure partners from executive management to business line heads
- Own and remain engaged throughout the sales process by rigorous client targeting; pro-active calling; identifying qualifying business leads; working in collaboration with relationship and product teams to convert opportunities to mandates; documenting the sales process and results, and managing the entire process on behalf of the client
- Be an advocate for the client and manage opportunities, by directing new product and service inquiries to the appropriate line of business and ensure that the inquiries are promptly addressed. Manage compliance and administration requirements of the portfolio of new opportunities including Know Your Customer requirements.
- Manage and mitigate risks to the Company; perform administrative duties efficiently; maintain the high ethical standards of the Company.
Operational Risk Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for ensuring that you are fully aware of and adhere to internal Policies that relate to you, your business or other businesses for which you have any level of responsibility. It is your responsibility to ensure compliance with operational risk requirements (e.g. Golden rules, security policies and regulatory requirements)
- Responsibility for managing, controlling, preparing and escalating risk within the scope of your position.
- Responsibility for reading, understanding and complying with the Company’s Conduct and Standards and corresponding regulations. You will be notified of changes to policies in a timely manner through announcements and/or intranet updates.
- Act with integrity and due skill, care and diligence in carrying out your duties. Your actions should always be able to satisfy high standards of scrutiny.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct. Responsibility to ensure that you take reasonable steps to be fully aware of, understand and comply with all regulatory requirements from all regulatory bodies that are applicable to your business.
- Knowledge of the Company's products and services and a reasonable understanding of competitive advantage and ways in which a client may use BNYM products and services strategically and effectively
- Significant knowledge of the Sector (Transaction Banking, Securities Services, Retail Brokerage, IFA and Wealth Management)
- Contribute towards ongoing product development by working with various product and support heads to identify ways in which our client offering and services may be improved.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; must also possess an aptitude for sales presentation and public speaking
- Experience in dealing with senior level management within an organisation
- Strong team orientation with the ability to work effectively within the Broker Dealer Services sector as well as with other product/ service business lines of the Company
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, marketing of related discipline; or 5 years related Relationship and New Business Origination experience
- Completion of credit training or related training program and / or multi language skills advantageous
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 70021
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1812073