BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Analyst - Client Reporting/Performance
Global Risk Solutions (GRS) provides innovative and integrated solutions as a leading global provider of performance measurement, analytics and attribution services to Multi National, Corporate, Insurance, Investment Manager and Local Authority/Government clients, pension funds and consultants.
The team has responsibility for timely and accurate reporting for a range of BNY Mellon Asset Servicing accounting and outsourcing affiliates. We report on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual or ad-hoc basis and our services are accessed via the internet, desktop or customised hardcopy reports. We also provide regulatory reporting as part of a BNY Mellon service provided to clients in certain markets.
Provide high quality Investment Performance Or Investment Compliance Monitoring and Risk Measurement services to external and internal clients, ensuring output is accurate and delivered within pre-defined deadlines.
• Lead the service delivery (Performance or Compliance and Risk) on one or more large, complex client relationship.
• Recognised Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the department with proven track record of knowledge sharing, procedure writing and training in those areas.
• Key role in high quality performance reporting for top tier clients.
• Accountable for the timeliness, accuracy and quality of reports based on client specific deadlines.
• Work closely with internal teams, external suppliers and other parties to provide a continuous high level of client service, with pro-active client dealings and prompt turnaround and tracking of queries and resolution of issues.
• Provide effective communication of all work undertaken. Keeping management fully updated regarding any service delays or client issues by escalating promptly and providing supporting information as required.
• Action and monitor ad-hoc client requests through relationship managers and directly as appropriate. Track effort and monitor to successful resolution.
• Conduct change management activities (e.g. new benchmarks, fund restructures etc.)
• Lead in the completion of client projects (e.g. configuring net and gross reporting)
• Actively maintain accurate client information held in the GRS database.
• Actively maintain accurate client documentation and procedures.
• Proactively identify and lead efficiencies and improvements to existing processes and procedures.
• Participate on project teams to support team initiatives, including User Acceptance Testing.
• Proactively identify and pursue own training needs.
• Promote a positive and professional work environment.
• Lead with training documentation and participate in various training initiatives at a team and departmental level.
• Lead the implementation of new services for clients. This may include:
- collating initial requirements
- determining appropriate reporting options
- undertaking accurate system configuration and database population
- development of effective report production processes
- implementation of quality controls
- report delivery and initial reporting analysis and interpretation for clients.
A strong understanding of Investment Performance Measurement to include knowledge of performance methodology and the principles of attribution.
• A strong understanding of Investment Compliance Monitoring to include knowledge of investment instrument characteristics and behaviour. Knowledge of Risk Measurement methodology and principles.
• Proven record of excellent client service and leadership of key client relationships.
• Extensive experience in the preparation of analytical or financial reports or numerical data.
• Experience of coordinating / managing a group of people for a project or event is advantageous.
• Excellent numerical skills, with accurate manipulation, analysis and checking of figure work.
• Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilising advanced functions would be desirable.
• Experience working with large and complex databases and an ability to understand how they function/interact.
• Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
• Finance/Stats/Maths related experience or degree is essential.
• Certificate of Investment Performance Measurement (CIPM, CFA Institute) qualification is advantageous.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PAS17
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1812114