BNY Mellon Careers
The Tax Manager – Germany is responsible for oversight and management of the tax accounting, compliance and US reporting for all German companies and branches within the BNYM Group as well as review of compliance/accounting for certain other European entities. This is in respect of Corporate taxes (CIT and Trade Tax) and Value Added Tax (VAT).
- Review and oversight of preparation of annual Corporate tax and VAT returns
- Review of balance sheet positions for German tax purposes
- Review of tax assessment notices
- Monitoring of assessed tax prepayments and application for adjustment if required
- Management of tax appeals and protests
- Communication with tax authorities
- Management of German tax audits. Correspond, meet and negotiate with German and other relevant European Tax Authorities as appropriate to resolve audits/enquiries in order to mitigate risk. Additionally, obtain relevant clearances or rulings where appropriate
- Review of monthly VAT filings
- Review of filing of EU Sales List
- Review of VAT treatment of services rendered and received with regard to correctness, accounting and invoicing upon request by e.g. Finance, Operations and Client Relationship Managers
- Monitoring of Input VAT accounting and recovery rate
- Answering questions and providing advice from a VAT and income tax perspective arising from day-to-day business
- Act as a key point of contact and subject matter expert in German Corporate Taxes and VAT with respect to system implementation, mergers, integrations and similar internal projects
- Review of tax calculations and deferred tax calculations prepared by Finance
- Monitoring of changes in VAT and income taxes as required or intended by law or federal announcements; Review of tax consequences and identification of tax optimization opportunities
- Analysis of and notification of impact to the business of changes to tax legislation in respect of Corporate taxes and VAT
- Reporting German tax position to US Tax Group.
- Represent BNYM on relevant Gernan industry body Corporate Tax and VAT groups (e.g. German Bank Association)
- Highly analytical and strong communicator.
- Decision-making and accountable.
- Need to be able to perform under time pressure.
- Ability to isolate and resolve material issues.
- Pro-active flexible attitude.
- Managing risk.
- Work quality/attention to detail.
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Client orientation
- Developing strategic relationships
- Change Leadership and strong team player
- Driving execution
Academic/ Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers):
- Accounting and Tax qualified -German certified tax advisor (Steuerberater).
- Extensive experience (minimum of 5 Years post tax qualification) in German CIT, Trade Tax and VAT as well as preferably working for a US multi-national financial services group
- Experience and knowledge of International Accounting Standards- IFRS, USGAAP, as well as German GAAP and German Tax GAAP
- Must be fluent in both spoken and written English
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Germany-Hessen-Frankfurt
Internal Jobcode: 50442
Requisition Number: 1812264