BNY Mellon Careers
Murex Business Analyst
BNY Mellon is a global bank with a central role in the world’s financial markets.
Risk Technology, Markets, is responsible for supporting risk management across the markets division of BNY Mellon. The markets division is responsible for all capital markets and market making activities within BNY Mellon, globally. As a technology group, Markets Risk Technology covers market and counterparty risk, capital calculation; risk based margining as well as supporting the strategic build out of front-office risk technology to support the strong growth in our markets business.
BNY Mellon is currently undergoing a major expansion of its markets business. This role, and the team, are critical for the buildout of this organization and its risk management capabilities.
Murex plays a key role in BNY Mellon’s Market Risk. In addition to supporting the buildout of new business lines on the existing Murex platform, we are embarking on a strategic expansion of our Murex investment in Foreign Exchange, Market and Counterparty Risk Management.
This is a senior BA role, working directly with senior traders and risk managers, with organizational/project management responsibility and provides a career path into either a more specialized Lead BA, or a dedicated program/senior project management role depending on the individual.
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business and develop a career in an expanding markets business that is underpinned by the capacity of one of the largest asset management firms in the world.
The successful individual will:
· Understand and take on business requirements and translate these into technical requirements for the platform and team
· Apply their detailed Murex knowledge to configure Murex functionality, advise and direct developers and work with production support teams
· Provides thought leadership in the strategic build-out of the platform and help the global team increase their knowledge of Murex
· Maintain and develop relationships with data and software vendors
· Understand business flows end-to-end within and outside Murex
QualificationsBachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Required Skills and Experience:
· Have detailed risk and product knowledge primarily in FX and Fixed Income, as well as portfolio level risk such as VaR and PFE
· Strong understanding of how Murex can be configured in the context of end to end business processes
· Ability to articulate complex business and technical topics in concise and efficient way, suitable for a senior audience
· Strong problem solving skills and ability to apply technology solutions to business needs
· Ability to navigate complex Murex Front Office and Risk configurations to support users
· Strong communication skills, collaborative working style and ability to work in a matrix management environment, providing thought leadership in a global team
Risk Technology is a global team working with senior stakeholders and business heads in New York, London, Singapore and Hong Kong.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-
Internal Jobcode: 45195
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1812320