BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Compliance and Control (Director)
Synopsis of Role
The jobholder is a member of the Compliance and Ethics function in Ireland, supporting the activities of BNY Mellon
in Ireland and reporting directly to the Country Compliance Officer (PCF12).
The jobholder is the Senior Compliance Officer responsible for providing regulatory compliance advice to the BNY Mellon Irish entities, in particular Trustee and Depositary Businesses operated by BNY Mellon Trust
Company (Ireland) Limited (TCIL) and the Corporate Trust and Banking Businesses operated by Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV –Dublin Branch (“the Dublin Branch”) ((hereinafter together referred to as “the Business”).
- In conjunction with the CCO, assessing the compliance risks faced by the Businesses and helping the Businesses to ensure that they are appropriately managing those risks in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and BNY Mellon policies and standards.
- Directing and overseeing advisory work completed by more junior professionals within the team in relation to the Businesses.
- Developing timely and accurate Compliance Reporting (including Key Risk Indicators) in relation to the Businesses for presentation at Compliance and Business Governance Committees.
- Participating in industry associations and building relationships with compliance professionals at peer institutions as appropriate.
- Analysing existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements/enforcements and industry practices in order to assist the Businesses in developing and implementing procedures to meet current and upcoming requirements.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with senior management, in particular the TCIL CEO and Dublin Branch Manager, advising on issues and escalating concerns where appropriate.
- Assessing the compliance training needs of personnel within the Businesses and assisting in the creation and delivery of such training.
- Assisting in the development of Business’ strategy for analysing control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations.
- Contributing to the local and regional compliance programme including rule/control mapping, periodic compliance risk assessment, policy development, awareness and training, regulatory liaison, regulatory change management, compliance monitoring and testing and compliance reporting as relevant to the Businesses.
- Providing second line of defence advice and challenge to Businesses in the context of new deals and the development of new products and services.
- Assisting Businesses in relation to any compliance related corrective actions from time to time.
- Using strong working relationships with Regulators and senior Business managers to influence compliance activities across the Businesses to help ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of
- favourable conditions for compliance activities.
- Attending Business related Risk and Controls Meetings and New Business Acceptance Meetings as appropriate.
- Liaising with colleagues/peers in other jurisdictions on Regional Compliance programme matters and issues of common interest; representing the Ireland Compliance function in a leadership capacity as appropriate.
- Escalating issues with a local, regional or global impact promptly to senior management. Presenting reports and representing Compliance at senior governance for any such other duty as requested by the Country Compliance Officer in fulfilment of the function’s responsibilities.
Key role requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required along with strong understanding of key regulations relevant to the Businesses, including but not limited to UCITS V, AIFMD, PSD2 and MiFID2.
- Proven background working within Compliance, Legal, Risk or Auditin a Financial Services environment and/or experience with the relevant products, services or business lines and the laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred; Ability to work in calm, professional manner in an environment of change and under pressure
- Strong Analytical skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Proven sound judgment
- Ability to take on and complete tasks with minimal oversight
- Experience of working in a global firm an advantage
- Experience of working with regulatory bodies an advantage.
- Awareness of US and other foreign (e.g. Belgian) rules an advantage
- Proven leadership abilities with experience of reporting to senior management.
- The jobholder of this role is deemed to be performing a Controlled Function (“CF”) as defined in the Central
- Bank Reform Act 2010 and the job holder is required to meet and maintain the Standards of Fitness and
- Probity outlined in the code issued by the Central Bank of Ireland pursuant to section 50 of the Act.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 85168
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1812343