BNY Mellon Careers
Head of Regional Real Estate (Exec Mgr, RE Asset Mgmt)
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The Head of Regional Real Estate is responsible for supporting and managing a 3 million sqft portfolio of leased facilities in UK/EMEA/India/APAC. At a high level the position leads real estate strategy and transactions, provides oversight of operations, critical infrastructure, and assists in projects and corporate services with the local team. The individual would advises key senior management on real estate direction and opportunities.
• Leads all aspects of the Real Estate Asset Management function related to leasing, asset disposition and lifecycle management and space needs assessment across a large business unit, area or region or across multiple smaller business units, areas or regions.
• Provides leadership directly to less experienced managers to drive implementation and monitoring of all procedures and processes to effectively avoid errors.
• Manages the performance of senior real estate asset management managers.
• Sets specialty priorities and allocates resources to align with business priorities across the organization.
• Develops functional concepts and ensures compliance.
• Prepares and delivers performance reporting to senior management.
• Recognized within the business and across the industry as a leader in addressing real estate asset management related matters and developing appropriate policies for issue resolution.
• Serves as an escalation point for severe issues or roadblocks and shepherds issues through to resolution.
• Develops procedures for consulting on real estate asset management problems and issue resolution.
• Guides senior business managers and real estate asset management managers and partners with functional leaders.
• Uses long-standing relationships with global and regional leaders to effectively communicate the appropriate utilization and management of properties.
• Provides extensive subject matter expertise and industry experience within the business and to guide senior managers and ensure their adherence to policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Establishes techniques that are aligned with business objectives.
• Accountable for all aspects of the of the function's performance.
• Leads the strategy for site assessment and acquisition and ensures the appropriate level of awareness among senior and corporate management throughout the organization.
• Partners with business units, areas or regions to plan for future space needs and space planning.
• May contribute to the socialization of business unit, area or regional needs and of the real estate acquisition and management strategy among leadership.
• Uses well established relationships to influence and gain consensus and/or negotiate a compromise, as needed.
• Uses extensive industry experience to propose changes or solutions to effectively improve the organization's real estate management effectiveness and optimize business unit, area or regional use of space and productivity within the space while maximizing returns on investment and ensuring that business needs are met.
• Makes decisions, leads consensus building and manages a global organization that balances returns and profitability.
• Leads the real estate asset management team in land acquisition, negotiation and sale opportunities.
• Manages the methods for profitability and return in real estate and approves or corrects proposed methods.
• Understands specific roadblocks that exist within the assigned business unit(s), area(s), or region(s) and how these roadblocks can be addressed through understanding of regulations.
• Reviews reports on team metrics results and makes team adjustments as needed to align performance with functional objectives.
• Coaches and guides senior managers on improving the execution of highly complicated real estate asset management activities and achievement of multi-faceted goals.
• Manages development and talent management processes for more senior managers.
• Coaches and counsels senior managers and manages succession planning for the function.
• Directly manages more senior managers and ensures their focus on functional objectives.
• Responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives of real estate asset management staff.
• Provides guidance to senior managers.
• Completion of tasks affects organizational achievement of objectives, modified based upon local regulations/requirements.
• Bachelors Degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Degree in architecture, engineering, real estate or business administration is preferred.
• Extensive work experience within the RE profession with a demonstrable team management experience preferred.
• Experience in facilities and/or property management is preferred, ideally from the client side.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Facilities Management
Internal Jobcode: 85135
Organization: BNY Mellon CAO-HR16507
Requisition Number: 1812352