BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Software Engineer
Hiring founding members to build a core team for an exciting quant engineering effort. Our group provides all trading-related services to a Boston-based asset management firm, with a global, multi-asset investment footprint. Get involved from the ground-up, as we design, architect and build a state-of-the-art platform, to empower extensive research and real-time analytics, in support of a global, multi-asset trading organization. Help us build a fast-paced, ambitious, yet cerebral and collegial culture of a start-up effort, while enjoying the benefits of an established, stable asset management firm and one of the world’s greatest financial services companies.
• Play a significant role in design, architecture and implementation of:
• Trading research platform
• Real-time decision support service
• Reporting platform and service
• Build a historical and real-time data management platform for a global, multi-asset trading organization
• Design and implement infrastructure and tools in support of an automated deployment and operational framework
• Deploy, monitor and maintain xBK’s research and production platforms and applications
• Embrace and promote API-driven solutions, utilizing open source resources and cloud-based architecture
• Deploy quant libraries in research and production environments
• Continuously explore performance (speed, reliability, scale) improvements to the research and production environments
• Degree in computer science, statistics or similar
• Significant experience in design, deployment and monitoring of modern, cloud-based compute environments
• Passion for high performance, low latency computing systems
• Experience with real-time systems
• Knowledge of time series database technologies
• Experience in PostgreSQL, Redis and other DB solutions
• Understanding of ML and optimization technologies
• Understanding of financial engineering and mathematical finance concepts a plus
• Excellent communication and documentation practices
• Efficient coding skills
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Internal Jobcode: 45220
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1812365