BNY Mellon Careers
Sr Specialist -Administration & Planning
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers. As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues. Description BNY Mellon’s Legal Department is seeking a highly competent, inquisitive professional with a strong business acumen to join its Global Legal Solutions team to assist with its Outside Counsel Governance and Strategy area. The position will be based in either New York, NY or Pittsburgh, PA and will report to the head of Outside Counsel Governance and Strategy for Global Legal Solutions. The Legal Operations Specialist position will support, and coordinate with, the head of Outside Counsel Governance and Strategy in the various functions, services, and strategic initiatives, as well as collaborate across the Global Legal Solutions team, the broader Global Legal Department, the Business Partners (including but not limited to Procurement, Third Party Governance, Risk, Finance and Audit, Technology) and the Business Lines. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced, dynamic and innovative environment where they will assist in supporting and managing outside counsel relationships and non-law firm legal service providers in all aspects, ranging from regulatory requirements to implementing best practices. Examples include but are not limited to legal conflicts, interpreting, counseling, drafting and applying policies and procedures, vendor lifecycle management, information security, legal industry pricing (including alternative fee arrangements), creating and monitoring metrics, tools and other innovative solutions, developing and interpreting analytics and associated visualizations, managing and leading various projects, improving and documenting business processes and developing and executing on associated communications plans.
- Excellent academic credentials, an MBA or J.D. a plus
- An undergraduate degree in Economics, Finance or Accounting a plus
3+ years of experience, with a preference of prior experience at either an AmLaw 50 firm or in a global corporate Fortune 100 legal department a plus
Complete fluency with the Microsoft Office Suite of products like Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio
- Experience and knowledge in eBilling, Matter Management, Contracts Management, eSignature solutions and their integration in Legal processes
- Thoughtful listening and succinct written/oral communication skills. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaboration skills, with an ability to build relationships
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and project management skills with superior attention to detail
- Ability to operate proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment with the organization skills to prioritize among many important matters and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate integrity to manage sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to present complex information in an accurate and persuasive manner to all levels of management
- Deep knowledge of the legal industry’s pricing practices and structures.
- An ability to work independently and collaborate with people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment, and with an understanding of how to operate effectively across diverse legal practices, businesses and business partners.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management in cross-functional projects
- Intellectually curious with ability to process a great deal of information in a fast-paced environment; willing to take initiative
- Must have strong client service orientation and demonstrated high level of customer focus, independence and initiative
- Must be a self-motivated team player who can easily handle shifting priorities, multi-tasking in a deadline and results oriented environment
- Ability to manage by influence; skilled at influencing others through growth and change
- Knowledge of project management and change management principles a plus
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70702
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1812392