BNY Mellon Careers
Counsel- Third Party Governance
- Provide legal support for Third Party Governance and vendor management efforts, including risk assessment, issue escalation, ongoing monitoring and contract enforcement.
- Manage contract remediation projects, including threshold review of project objectives, scope of vendors involved, retrieval and review of related contracts, business partner interface, vendor negotiations and internal reporting.
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of technology agreements, including software development, licensing and maintenance agreements, application hosting agreements, outsourcing agreements and hardware leasing and purchase agreements.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for procurements of other goods and services including consulting services, business process outsourcing, and information services.
- Strong background in contract review project management.
- Some experience negotiating software licensing and development contracts, technology and business outsourcing transactions, including at least 3 years’ experience at a law firm or in-house legal department. Experience in the financial services industry is preferred.
- Experience with, vendor management and third party governance.
- Working knowledge of US regulations and guidelines for outsourcing and supplier governance by financial institutions.
- Knowledge of US and international privacy laws preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and drafting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Accustomed to performing under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- JD (or local equivalent if outside the US) from a top tier law school or graduated at top of class from a law school below top tier.
- Member in good standing of PA state bar.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 85115
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1812472