BNY Mellon Careers
- Responsible for the entire SDLC on small to medium size projects of moderate complexity
- Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development of application systems
- Performs requirements gathering and prepares functional specifications, test plans, and project/application related documentation
- Designs, codes, tests and implements application programs and processes
- Leads User Acceptance testing phases, including test case definition and stakeholder sign-off
- Prepares implementation plans and ensures turnovers are done on time and accurately
- Works closely with Training on end user training requirements and training materials
- Provides application technical support in situations of moderate complexity.
- Coordinates and provides direction to offshore resources
- Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions.
- Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Proven experience defining Requirements, Function Specifications and Test Plans
- 7+ years in a client-focused development role, including substantial experience with the design, construction and implementation of print and e-delivery client reporting solutions.
- 5+ years working with the following: CSF/MVS, Messenger, Cobol, VSAM, JCL, ESP, SPF, Endevor
- Experience with HP Exstream Dialogue a plus
- Experience working with formdefs, pagedefs and print vendors preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle including the Agile framework
- Ability to multi-task while applying strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of Eagle Pace data warehouse, SQL, and financial services background preferred
Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Everett
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Private Wealth Mgmt Technology-HR13730
Requisition Number: 1812864