BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Project / Program Manager
Principal Project/Program Manager
• Lead the effective and efficient delivery of complex Wealth Management projects inclusive of requirements scoping
• Interact with Business Leadership, Software Engineers, Technical Program Managers and multiple related teams to support the delivery of large scale initiatives
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraint
• Gain consensus on operational and technical decisions, and ensure that appropriate business practices are employed to deliver high quality results
• Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple groups with competing priorities
• Responsible for driving efficiency improvements and enhanced reporting metrics and analytics
• Leads sessions on the design and development of strategies for multiple large products.
• Leads cross-functional sessions with teams such as Development and Marketing. Ensures project is on time and to budget.
• Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for small products.
• Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope.
• Tailors standard processes and templates for team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, and translates into functional design and use case models. Develops project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Prepares and manages the project plan, issues and risks, and is accountable for overall delivery of their assigned functional work stream on a large-scale program.
• Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability.
• Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise.
• Applies experiences across various software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and identify and implement opportunities for improvement to increase quality of requirements and speed time-to-market. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives.
Financial Services business knowledge would include prior experience in these areas:
• Wealth Management Businesses (top 10 wealth managers preferred)
• Securities Movement and Control
• Trade Processing, Settlement and Reconciliation
• Trust Accounting (Domestic and Global)
• Account Management
• Disbursement Processing - Cash/Wire/Checks
• Corporate Action Processing
• Fee Revenue Processing
• Regulatory, Risk and Compliance Processing and Controls
• Cyber Security
• Process Reengineering
• Mergers, Acquisitions and System Conversions
• Third-Party Vendor Management
Leads and provides direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Defines and manages the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manages and resolves risks, issues and dependencies. Measures and monitors program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follows financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Reports financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees. Secures, leads, motivates and inspires the internal & external resources required to deliver the program. Establishes the program s governance (e.g. sponsors, approvers, stakeholders). Manages Program Office Resources. May have formal management responsibility for Program Team members. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Has regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provides advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives
QualificationsBachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial 10 - 12 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45190
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Private Wealth Mgmt Technology-HR13730
Requisition Number: 1812865