BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Credit Risk - Greater China
- Responsible for executing the credit strategy for financial institutions and sovereign institutions in Greater China.
- Independently and with limited supervision manages a portfolio of customers with complex, enterprise wide credit and fee based needs and opportunities.
- The position requires strong and decisive credit judgment with responsibilities including concise, accurate and timely written analysis, review and presentation of credit requests for approval, transaction documentation, and ongoing monitoring and communication of all portfolio companies’ performance, including the utilization of market-based tools/resources.
- Responsible for predicting future changes/trends in ratings (credit quality) of the portfolio customers and for timely and recommendations of changes in target exposure.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate rating of each borrower in the portfolio and promptly escalate deteriorating credit situations.
- Responsible for working with Legal to negotiate loan and other credit documents.
- Responsible for maintaining effective interface/communication with executives and management of the portfolio customers.
- The incumbent will be expected to be part of the team developing a pool of risk. In addition, in certain circumstances, assist in the facilitation of clients’ transactional excesses.
- Position to be based in Hong Kong. Travel is required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in credit risk and commercial/relationship management in the financial or professional services industry. Good understanding of the Greater China banking market is a plus. Knowledge in non-bank financial services industry is preferred.
- Strong credit judgment including the ability to analyze market data and ascertain credit quality impact.
- Strong oral and written communication skill; strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and ability to work independently are required.
- Must have a solid understanding of BNY Mellon products and be able to coordinate with the responsible product areas (including participation in team meetings, account planning and customer communication/presentations, as appropriate).
- Proven track record in managing complex relationships.
- Fluency in written and spoken Mandarin is mandatory.
- Bachelor's degree required, major in Finance or Accounting preferred. MBA preferred or equivalent.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Hong Kong-Hong Kong-Hong Kong
Internal Jobcode: 85147
Requisition Number: 1812929