BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Principal Architect, Business Analysis and Master Planner
Seeking a strategic planner who will develop and provide technology direction for the business units supported. Defines and maintains an overall technology plan and development roadmap that will support the growth planned across the IT organization.
· Designs, performs and oversees a wide range of larger scale strategic projects, directing and formulating recommendations and obtaining stakeholder buy-in.
· Provides solutions to highly complex business problems for areas of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
· Utilizes comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of multiple areas within technology to consult with teams during the technical planning process and advise on technology and process decisions.
· Identifies important technology areas for development, and initiates the projects needed to drive the technology strategy.
· Keeps abreast of contemporary concepts in IT strategy and management and applies these to develop innovative business solutions and business transformation plans and roadmaps.
· Provide insights on competitive analysis, market analysis and new technology trends.
· Ensure BNYM Business Capability Model and other tools provided by business architecture and leveraged in strategic planning efforts.
Responsible for the application of architecture principles to business design in order to clearly link strategic objectives to business operations and IT initiatives.
Demonstrates expert understanding of company operations, strong and broad relationships within the company and across the industry, strategic understanding of technology, and proven ability to deliver high-impact results.
Provides guidance to senior management on business and operating model options to effectively support business strategy, the greater leverage of corporate assets, and sharing of knowledge and intellectual property.
Creates and maintains highly complex business and operating architecture models demonstrating how business units, platform operations, and shared services interoperate within the organization.
Functions as a liaison to Business and IT partners in order to gain a broad understanding of industry trends and innovations, and their impact on technology. Provides architectural oversight of projects and ensures requirements are in alignment with business strategies and business architecture roadmap/framework.
Analyzes and designs an explicit set of disciplined actions to seek out the optimum value for both initial and long-term investment in a new product and/or service offering.
Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates proposed products and services offerings, operational improvements, and emerging technologies for impact and leverage across the firm.
Leads senior management in the understanding and use of capability-based planning for the business.
Work with leaders to assess capability performance, identify needs, and prioritize actions to achieve desired results.
Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 7-10 years of experience in information systems architecture methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in IT SDLC methodologies, preferably Agile methodology
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Familiarity with Investment Management products
- Extremely conversant with SQL for data access
- Strong analytical and data manipulation skills
- Strong critical / analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 12+ years of experience in information systems architecture methodologies, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45021
Organization: Office of the CIO-HR06033
Requisition Number: 1813057