BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Accounting
Supports a standard legal entity, line of business, country, region or accounting process, as assigned. Contributes to the completion of numerous activities from start to close, including consolidations and financial reporting of business outcomes to deliver useable, accurate and timely financial information for the desired period (monthly, quarterly or annually). May complete other assignments, as needed, including standard accounting activities.
- Assists with end to end accounting processes and research required to transform data into information for reporting purposes. Activities may include processing standard general ledger events and transactions, assisting with continuous improvement activities such as the identification and analysis of exceptions, providing support for audits and completing assigned tasks to support the maintenance of the control environment. May complete special project activities, as assigned.
- Contributes to the completion of journal entries. With guidance, performs reconciliations of general ledger accounts or other financial data. Identifies and escalates issues, as needed. May review journal entries and/or reconciliations completed by less experienced professionals.
- Participates in assignments across lines of business, legal entities and geographies that have an impact on internal reporting, accounting and accounting processes. Assignments may include contributing to the implementation of new or revised reporting, accounting and accounting process policies, procedures and reporting templates in order to provide effective financial planning, accounting and reporting of financial information.
- Contributes to the identification and reporting of risks, patterns or recurring issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
- Accounting concentration preferred.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred;
- knowledge of GAAP and accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques preferred.
- Experience designing financial models and accounting processes preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 85083
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1813112