BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Accounting
Job title: Lead Analyst, Accounting
This is an entry role into the Pershing Financial Controllers team for a part qualified accountant with some prior experience in financial statements for a financial services company. This role will support all team members. This varied role will involve liaison and review of Chennai based work; review of Blackline reconciliations; investigation into cost drivers and financial statements preparation/review. The role supports a financial services legal entity and contributes to the completion of numerous activities from start to close, including consolidations and financial reporting of business outcomes to deliver useable, accurate and timely financial information for the desired period (monthly, quarterly or annually).
- Assists with end to end accounting processes and research required to transform data into information for reporting purposes. Activities may include processing standard general ledger events and transactions, assisting with continuous improvement activities such as the identification and analysis of exceptions, providing support for audits and completing assigned tasks to support the maintenance of the control environment. May complete special project activities, as assigned.
- Contributes to the completion of journal entries. With guidance, performs reconciliations of general ledger accounts or other financial data. Identifies and escalates issues, as needed. May review journal entries and/or reconciliations completed by less experienced professionals.
- Participates in assignments across lines of business, legal entities and geographies that have an impact on internal reporting, accounting and accounting processes. Assignments may include contributing to the implementation of new or revised reporting, accounting and accounting process policies, procedures and reporting templates in order to provide effective financial planning, accounting and reporting of financial information.
- Contributes to the identification and reporting of risks, patterns or recurring issues.
- Supports preparation of annual financial statements:
- Support offshore preparers of the financial statements, monitoring their progress and advising on missing information
- Initial reviews of each draft following submission by offshore preparers
- Preparation of note information
- Oversight of offsetting note information
- Supports monthly accounting for costs
- Analyse key cost items including Clearing charges and re-engineer approach to ensure correct payments and analysis
- Analyse Inter-company costs to ensure correct payments
- Month end reviews of accruals and general costs with Chennai
- Purchase ledger oversight of offshore team, supporting UK managers with their queries
- Review of blackline reconciliations relating to costs and general accounting
- Any other ad hoc tasks as required to support the team eg records management
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of accounting education
- 3-5 years of total work experience, within a financial services environment
- Knowledge of GAAP and accounting and finance concepts and analysis techniques
- System knowledge of Peoplesoft GL, Nexus, Blackline reconciliation tool, Swift Alliance
- Experience designing financial models and accounting processes preferred
- Can-do attitude to enhance the team on a pro-active basis
- Analytical mind to review
- Strong ethic for challenging controls and their effectiveness
- Able to work as part of a team and individually on a wide variety of tasks
- Relationship management with offshore providers
We offer a competitive salary package
Applications are open from 12.03.2019 and must be received before closing date of 08.04.2019
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 85083
Organization: Pershing International-HR16947
Requisition Number: 1813112