BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Developer, SQL Developer
Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required,
- 6-8+ years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience writing complex Oracle PL/SQL or SQL Server T-SQL scripts, is preferred.
- Strong experience in Designing and developing enterprise level applications including database design, is preferred
- Strong experience with developing packages, stored procedures, views, functions and triggers, is preferred
- Experience with index design, Query performance tuning and table Partitioning, is preferred
- Strong database design experience and experience with data modeling tools like Erwin or embarcadero, is preferred
- Experience in a database development team on requirement, design and issue-resolution calls, is preferred
- Experience Leading/Participate in design and code walk through sessions, is preferred
- Experience with code management tools like GIT, is preferred Understanding of Java/J2EE technologies is preferred, but not required
- Understanding of Financial Services domain and work experience in financial services is preferred, but not required
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1813195