BNY Mellon Careers
Information Risk Officer (Sr Specialist, Information Risk)
The Information Risk Officer II (IRO II) supports the SIRO driving the strategic information risk program within the following: a business area, multiple business areas and/or cross regions that s/he supports, while providing advice and guidance to the senior business managers, Information Risk Officers and specialists. S/he will assist and support both the Senior Information Risk Officer (SIRO) and the Corporate Senior Information Risk Officer (C-SIRO) with the development of strategic program elements and provide input to the risk prioritization of the C-SIRO. The IRO II must be able to work across global and regional groups and communicate information risk matters effectively to senior business management. The IRO II reports or aligns to the SIRO for the supported line of business and is expected to deputize for the SIRO when required. The direct management of information risk staff will be required on a BAU basis, ensuring their focus on daily tasks to deliver on initiatives.
- Represent our corporate and line of business information risk management program and controls to multiple external clients and internal executives as the “face” of the CSIRO program.
- Define, obtain agreement and implement our information risk management framework for client interactions and requests for information pertaining to information security controls (existing clients, new clients) ensuring quality and consistency on all responses; Incorporate vulnerability response into the above framework across clients and vendors
- Develop an inventory of all client engagements globally, provide management reporting
- Work with internal partner teams across information risk and information security disciplines to ensure consistent client communications
- Support other CSIRO program initiatives and goals as required
- A proven track record showing advanced communication, presentation and client-facing skills; experience communicating information security and technical topics to senior executives and clients
- Deep understanding of cyber security and information risk concepts, controls and risks
- Proven ability to manage direct reports and oversee ancillary staff/partners (experience with managing remote staff a plus)
- Proven ability to lead, change and execute large scale projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to build strategic relationships to facilitate the execution of information risk initiatives, with excellent influencing, collaboration and motivating skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to quickly cultivate an understanding of the operational aspects of the business area(s) we support and the specific risks that exist within a particular line of business/ multiple businesses (and how these risks may be addressed/mitigated)
- Global banking or financial service experience a plus
- Advanced spreadsheet and presentation tool experience a plus
- B.S. or B.A. or equivalent work experience required
-Relevant security certifications are highly preferred, such as Certified Information Security Management (CISM) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Previous demonstrable experience an information security, information risk or information technology discipline; Financial services experience is preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Ireland-Dublin-Dublin
Internal Jobcode: 70345
Organization: Control Risk Compliance-HR06112
Requisition Number: 1813267