BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Business Analysis Consultant
Principal Business Analysis Consultant
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for gathering and understanding the business needs within specific projects and generally in relation to the various US TA application platforms. The BA will then ensure together with the Application Manager, Business Partners and Clients (when applicable), that the requirements are accurately translated, mapped and documented. The BA will be working across a range of projects complex and simple, and with a range of internal and external parties.
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artefacts as needed: Business Requirements Document, Use Cases, Operating Model inputs, outputs & deliverables
- Use company-wide requirements definition and management systems, and methodologies as required
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Work independently with users to define concepts and under direction of USTA IT management
- Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Bring proposed solutions to successful implementation. Coordinating across functions and locations, working with clients (internal and external) and third party suppliers
Provides technical leadership in a specific business domain within a line of business. Serves in a cross-program role to ensure quality of the deliverables within their areas of expertise and drives innovation and strategic solutions within global, mission-critical, large-scale programs. Provides expertise for a specific domain within a line of business. Directs and assists team to elicit, challenge, and prioritize requirements, translate into functional design and use case models. Manages the project scope, objectives, constraints and assumptions for a large, strategic, multi-year program. Provides guidance in development of the technical design, test plans, and user documentation. Leads implementation/conversion strategy planning and implementation. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability. Gathers and analyzes information and provides recommendations to address strategic business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Participates in industry forums and keeps current on domain knowledge for their specific business and application areas of expertise. Applies experiences with existing software and/or systems development processes to define and collect metrics and develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences software and/or systems development process improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of the Fund Settlement process
- Thorough understanding of TA financial control processes and procedures
- Experience with Fund Accounting and Custody a distinct advantage
- Strong skills in performing business analysis
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- A thorough understanding of how to interpret and translate customer business needs and strategic priorities into tangible action plans
- The ability to communicate intricate issues to stakeholders at all levels in order to achieve buy-in for proposals for resolution
- Ability to work effectively in pressurized environments with effective prioritization, delegation and personal attention to task completion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- SQL skills on Oracle and SQL Serve
- Ability to mentor and develop junior staff with evidence of strong leadership skills
- Strong capabilities developing and executing test plans
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Westborough
Internal Jobcode: 45195
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1813397