BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Compliance and Control
The Senior Specialist, Compliance & Control, independently contributes to the compliance efforts of multiple assigned business units. He/she is responsible for assisting the business units to bring them into compliance with complex regulatory and policy requirements. In partnership with business unit managers, responds to and develops compliance reporting. Based on assessments of controls, works with business units to implement improvements including the completion of appropriate documentation when control changes are made.
- Analyzes existing and proposed legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices in order to help the assigned businesses develop and implement procedures to meet existing and upcoming requirements. May assign analysis activities to more junior professionals.
- Contributes to the development of projects and programs to improve compliance and enhance the control environment.
- Analyzes control processes to ensure they are in compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations Validates the appropriateness of control processes or guides the assigned business units in implementing improvements. May provide guidance to more junior professionals to improve their understanding of compliance, control and documentation policies.
- Maintains strong working relationships with outside regulators, government officials and senior business unit managers in order ensure the timely delivery of information and increase the likelihood of favorable conditions for compliance activities. Uses strong partnerships with managers in the assigned business unit to respond to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit.
- Contributes to assessments of the effectiveness of controls that help ensure ongoing compliance with key laws, regulations and policies affecting BNY Mellon businesses. Helps prepare risk-based reviews of existing and emerging regulatory requirements, concerning issues and control gaps. May contribute to the development of recommendations for corrective action and issue tracking to ensure resolution efforts proceed timely and effectively. Contributes to the preparation of time sensitive reporting and appropriately escalates issues to management.
The role implies 20% traveling in EMEA.
- Education: Minimum Bachelor’s degree. Business or Finance degree preferred.
- Experience: 7-10 years of experience in Security Services, Audit, or Compliance Monitoring.
- Proven project management and negotiation skills
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, good report writing and presentation skills.
- Analytical Thinking: The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic manner.
- Conceptual Thinking: The ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex situations.
- Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
- Planning and Organizing: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
- Fluent in English, and French/Dutch
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 85161
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1813402