BNY Mellon Careers
Risk Monitoring & Reporting Analyst (Specialist Corporate Operational Risk)
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Team Description: (Overview of the team)
The primary remit of the BNY Mellon Legal Entity Risk Offices (LERO) is to ensure all BNYM governance bodies have the necessary risk information and advice required for effective risk management, issue analysis and strategic decision-making. The LERO team are a second line of defence team who provide oversight and challenge to the Legal Entity Business and Business partners, maintaining effective dialogue with a wide range of stakeholders across the BNYM in order to deliver a series of BNY Mellon SA/NV focused high quality deliverables and ad hoc risk reporting and analysis, as well as continuous improvement of risk management projects.
The team is responsible for setting the BNY Mellon risk management framework and developing supporting processes and tools, aligned with BNYM Group framework and methodologies. Provides delivery of significant risk function BAU processes and delivers change and risk-remediation projects when needed. Oversees and manages risk governance and reporting.
Position Summary: (Wider team remit)
Contributes to the ongoing independent oversight of first line day-to-day operational risk management activities. Provides oversight to the first line's identification, assessment, monitoring, risk exposure remediation and reporting of the business's risk exposure. Continues to build familiarity with the business in order to provide oversight of, consultation on and challenge of first line risk management practices.
Job Purpose: (What the job role involves)
In order to support the Risk function, it was decided to create two roles of Risk Monitoring Analysts, one being more specifically designed to support the Risk function of the BNY Mellon SA/NV (European Bank – Head Office in Brussels) and the second one being designed to support the Risk function of London-based legal entities.
The positions will be located in Poland with hierarchical reporting lines within the EMEA region.
The resource is expected to provide support to the different teams constituting the Risk Department with a specific focus on:
All EMEA legal entity specific including SA/NV
• Management Information packs: assistance in the preparation of MI packs for the various risk committees and Risk Managers (CROC, CSTC, RMC, Exco, Risk Co of the Board)
• Risk Appetite Statement metrics: monitoring and reporting of the metrics to the EMEA legal entity governance bodies and escalation of breaches
• Monitoring of the outsourced activities including KPI and KRI; escalation of issues when deemed necessary
• Monitoring and reporting of the multiple Regulatory requests (SREP, OSI, ECB Deep Dives, ad-hoc) to ensure effective and on-time answers.
• Monitoring and reporting of the Operational Risk Events, RCSA control gaps and associated action plans for all EMEA legal entities.
• Monitoring and reporting related to all RCSAs impacting the Legal Entity (support in the preparation of the Risk Register)
• Reporting and analyses of risk metrics related to all risk categories including credit, market, liquidity and operational risk.
• Contact point of the team in relation to Nexen / Jasper Soft (Group Reporting tool) and providing functional specifications for automating the tactical Operational Risk Reports in place.
• Assistance in the maintenance and awareness of the Risk Policies (Group-wide and EMEA/SANV specific)
• Oversees risk assessments, monitors the adequacy and effectiveness of the control environment, monitors and challenges business activities and promotes business awareness of the operational risk management framework to improve compliance with the Corporate Operational Risk Management Framework.
• Advises on the development of reporting on operational risk management for the business line CRO on the management and mitigation of operational risks that may arise from the inadequate or failed internal processes, people, systems or external events. Reporting complies with the established Operational risk management framework.
• Oversees the first line's appropriate maintenance of RCSA and HLA and timely reporting of significant events including losses events and near misses. Participates in scenario analysis (SA) as requested.
• Continues to build working relationships with the Risk Management, Compliance and Audit teams and members of the business line team to increase the likelihood of timely completion of risk-related deliverables, issue resolution and operational loss estimation. Escalates issues to more senior professionals, as needed.
• Reconcile OREs from the Risk Management Platform with OREs booked in SA/NV financial statements.
• Large Exposures & Shadow Banking – assistance in the creation of the daily reports (playing the role of back-up of the existing Brussels-based team in case of contingency)
ob Specific Competencies:
• Analytical Thinking: The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, or tracing the implications of a situation in a systematic step-by-step manner.
• Problem Solving: The ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
• Work Quality: The ability to demonstrate attention to detail to achieve quality results.
• Planning and Organising: The ability to establish a systematic course of action for self or others to ensure consistent accomplishment of specific objectives.
• Motivation: The ability to create an environment that promotes a sense of achievement, caring and satisfaction; a concern for working against high standards of excellence.
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
• A first experience with / understanding of Risk Management is a clear plus
• Above-level IT skills (capacity to play with multiple sheets and aggregate data into impactful MI)
• Good report writing and presentation skills
• Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Fluent in oral and written English
Leadership: no direct reports
Job Scope: contributes to the achievement of team objectives
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Experience: 5-7 years of total education\work experience preferred.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 85187
Requisition Number: 1813404