The Eagle ACCESS Operations team is seeking an exceptional SRE who is willing to grow his or her skill set to ensure the availability, performance, maintenance and support of a fast-paced, high volume, highly available and high growth environment.
This position requires both strategic engineering as well as tactical hands-on technical work. The SRE will be responsible for a full system lifecycle including configuration and code deployment and customizations in an industry-leading financial services cloud offering. The Site Reliability Engineer will work closely with all the technical teams that are responsible for building and maintaining the Eagle ACCESS solution.
This position will be located in our Sydney, Australia office. This resource will be working with our growing internal team as well as with our clients.
· Participating in incident management, problem management, and service request fulfillment processes
· Application installation, upgrades, testing, configuration/change management, and application/hardware monitoring.
· Proven ability to maintain multiple development, QA and production Oracle environments
· Experience with performance tuning
· Experience with data integrity, data retention, data analysis and data input/output processing and improving Oracle code performance efficiency
· Facilitate database request fulfillment and database application monitoring/tuning
· Knowledge capture and transfer, assisting others in the implementation and use of Eagle software
· off-hours support, based on an on-call rotation, will be required
· Required to interact with business users and technical users both internally and externally
· Very minimal travel may be required
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
· 4 years of experience in a technology related position with demonstrated success
· Solid understanding of Oracle Database Administration
· familiarity with the software development process
· ability to follow complex sets of instructions, and excellent attention to detail
· fundamental training with basic UNIX/Linux commands
· simple SQL query knowledge
· Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems installation and support
· Experience with production deployment and operational support for enterprise class applications.
· Working knowledge of operations tools (monitoring, log analysis, etc.).
· Basic understanding of data center concepts around networking, storage and cloud computing
· Excellent oral and written communication skills and have the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
· Experience using Windows scripting, shell scriptsany programming experience ie. JAVA
· Financial services industry experience a plus
· ITIL v3 Foundation certification a plus
· Experience writing process and procedure documentation.
· Working experience with building stable and scalable automation
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Internal Jobcode: 60093
Organization: AS Eagle Cloud And EMS-HR06432
Requisition Number: 1813435