BNY Mellon Careers
We are looking for a seasoned Test Engineer with strong drive towards automation who doesn't sleep well at night knowing that the quality of a given piece of software relies only on a suite of manual tests and not automated ones.
Your are an ideal candidate if you are eager to come up with, preach, practice and police the testing standards around all sorts of automated test suites (e.g. front-end integration tests, system integration tests, load tests).
We are part of the global team called Asset Servicing Technology and we are responsible for providing technology solutions to Transfer Agency, Trust&Depository, European Custody and Fund Accounting line-of-business clients. We do so by trying to follow the best industry standards in terms of our Software Development Lifecycle practices and technology we utilize to achieve our goals:
- We believe in Agile principles focusing on delivering often and embracing regular feedback from our customers at all stages of the process. - We preach and practise test-driven development and we strive for excellence with Continuous Integration and Deployment being our standards practices - We are not perfect by any means but we constantly learn from peer code reviews but also from constantly reviewing our development practices - We deploy our solutions as Docker images to the company's internal cloud (Nexen) We are on the front-line of the bank's technological revolution aiming to significantly reshape the technology landscape underpinning our products and services. We spend a vast majority of our time on designing, developing and engineering our products from the ground up to simplify, automate and unify business processes for our end users. So if you have always strived for making huge impact and leaving important legacy behind this might be a unique moment and great opportunity for you to join our team.
Part of a regional or global team?
• Defining standards and good practices regarding writing automated tests (including System Integration Tests and load tests and front-end tests) • Making sure standards are known and adhered to by developers in the team (knowledge sharing, leading by example etc.) • Writing automated tests, especially front-end integration tests • Defining, writing and promoting testing templates, framework and utilities that can be used by the rest of the team in writing tests • Maintaining and improving the suites of our automated tests; removing the inefficient test cases, chasing people responsible for breaking the tests etc.
QualificationsEssential Technical Skills:
- Deep knowledge of at least one front-end testing framework, e.g. Selenium, Protractor, Karma, Robot (or similar)
- Working knowledge of a Continuous Integration framework (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity or equivalent)
- Working knowledge of a scripting language (Python, bash or equivalent)
- Exposure to Jmeter testing framework
- Basic understanding of Java programming language
- What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- 3 volunteering days per annum
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement: Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883). I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details:
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office- Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom, Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1813437