BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager. Application Development and Monitoring
- Manages multiple application development projects for one or several business segments, including all phases of the systems development and implementation process. Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the client area application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc
- Support enterprise monitoring environment which comprises multiple tools such as Dynatrace, App Dynamics,
- Hands-on design, implementation and configuration for any of those tools;
- module upgrade, planning and implementation; diagnose and resolve incidents; implement appropriate corrective actions for known errors; Troubleshoot performance issues; Respond to and closely coordinate incident resolution and ongoing resolution status of all support requests for infrastructure monitoring team;
- Develop and implement monitoring policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources for various technologies such as VMs, Unix, Linux, Window servers and applications;
- Work closely with peer teams such as automation engineering and Remedy support to provide a holistic solution for users and agencies:
- Perform special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- Works collaboratively with business partners on technology solutions that have a significant revenue or cost impact, oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems and identifies resource requirements to ensure 'best practice' development techniques. Works collaboratively with business partners in defining, developing, and implementing technology solutions that have impact on improving the business.
- Oversees the development and implementation of multiple application systems. Defines resource requirements and allocations, monitors and improves quality, and ensures 'best practice' development techniques. Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems. Manages and forecasts operating budget within the approved plan.
- Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.
- Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple development teams.
- Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
QualificationsAdvanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 12 + years of experience in systems analysis and program development with related supervisory, management and administrative experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Preferred Skills Below:
- 5+ years of strong experience with the following or similar tools: Fault and Performance monitoring and reporting tools such as Dynatrace, Splunk, and AppDynamics;
- Engineering experience within a large-scale, complex Manager of Manager (MoM) type monitoring environment and the ability to put in place an End to End Proactive Event management solution;
- Exposure to Service Management/ITIL framework and concepts (Incident, Change, Asset Management);
- Experience in IT automation and engineering
- 3+ years of proven demonstrated troubleshooting skills; highly skilled in the implementation, integration, testing and support of distributed applications;
- Experience with the setup, management, and optimization of servers, applications and/or databases (3 years);
- Successful system administration and maintenance in a large enterprise environment;
- Understanding of web application coding built using one or more of the following: Classic Java, C++, Python,
- Proven experience with PERL, and UNIX Shell Scripting;
- Experience working with VMware and an understanding of other virtualization technologies;
- Experience working with discovery tools such as BMC ADDM, BMC Remedy and the Remedy Gateway, BMC Atrium CMDB.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45331
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Pershing Domestic-HR06431
Requisition Number: 1813594