BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager - Project/Program Management
BNY Mellon is a global bank with a central role in the world’s financial markets.
Risk Technology, Markets, is responsible for supporting risk management across the markets division of BNY Mellon. The markets division is responsible for all capital markets and market making activities within BNY Mellon, globally. As a technology group, Markets Risk Technology covers market and counterparty risk, capital calculation; risk based margining as well as supporting the strategic build out of front-office risk technology to support the strong growth in our markets business.
BNY Mellon is currently undergoing a major expansion of its markets business. This role, and the team, are critical for the buildout of this organization and its capabilities.
This includes the buildout of new business lines on existing platforms as we embark on a strategic expansion ranging from risk management systems, to legal technology, to FX and front-office trading; involving multiple systems interfaces; all with high business complexity and highly visible to the organization.
This is a Program Management role, working within Markets Risk Technology, with organizational/program and project management responsibility for the delivery of projects / programs across the US; EMEA and APAC.
It is an exciting opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing business and develop a career in an expanding markets business that is underpinned by the capacity of one of the largest asset management firms in the world.
The successful individual will:
· Be responsible for managing, directing and planning one or more than one, complex programs consisting of one or more project teams
· Be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, teambuilding, maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT and be the primary contact point to the customer on all projects as required
· Manage Stakeholder relationships by ensuring stakeholder expectations are understood and managed accordingly; includes stakeholder communications & participation, maintaining a strong customer focus
· Co-ordinate technical design including the estimation, planning, scope and requirements for the Program, building and assuring stakeholder and third party relationships
· Ensure the work of the project, including requirements and deliverables, are clearly defined
· Apply the Bank project/program development methodologies and assure compliance to the relevant internal delivery lifecycle and standards for delivery
· Act as primary point of contact to handle project issues, risks and dependencies as well as manage changes to project scope
· Be responsible for setting up and maintaining appropriate governance forums and reporting/ escalation lines
· Confirm program success criteria and manage accordingly
· Monitor project / program budgets, actuals and forecasts and; maintaining financial plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner; reporting in governance meetings as required
· Ensure financial standards & processes including accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments are followed
· Prepare decks including regular financial reports for senior governance meetings including Program Steering Committees.
· Promote and develop effective individual and team performance including monitoring, evaluating and controlling project performance across a globally distributed program(s).
Required Skills and Experience:
· 10+ years strong program/project management experience, strong track record in matrix management and delivering large / complex multiple year projects or programs; with the ability to operate in a global context. Must be experienced in the planning, execution and reporting aspects of project and program management.
· PMI CAPM, PMP and/or ITIL certification required or committed to acquiring within a 2 year period from date of hire; ITIL a plus.
· Knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies and how they integrate. Possess an introductory understanding of application programming, database, system design, internet, extranet, intranet & client/server architectures.
· Ability to build consensus, influence others and negotiate compromise. Be a true "team player" that enjoys challenges and is highly motivated, self-directed and results oriented.
· Use developed verbal/written communications, interpersonal and organizational skills
· Must have strong background in the financial industry, whether financial services, capital markets, brokerage, wealth management or other banking domains. Must have familiarity with risk management, front-office trading systems, vendor management, and modeling and reporting systems
· Must hold at least a Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline.
· Be able to secure, lead, motivate and inspire internal & external resources required to deliver the programs.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45267
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1813743