BNY Mellon Careers
Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Desktop Technical/Customer Support
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Key Responsibilities to Include:
- Troubleshooting and resolution of desktop hardware and software issues.
- ardware and software installs along with move, add and change activities.
- Follows established support process, escalation processes and incident tracking guidelines.
- Work with other technology teams to ensure problem resolution.
- Work with management to ensure accurate and timely completion of all projects and break/fix items.
- Provide backup to Digital Café technician – support of mobile devices includes: BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, iPad and Surface Pro’s/Laptops.
- Must be able to travel if/when needed to other locations in New Jersey. Flexible with schedule. Personal car required in some locations.
Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Resolves reports of various infrastructure problems dealing with the mainframe, mid-range, distributed, web, and PC environments. Works with users and management to install infrastructure software to establish and maintain the integrity of the software products life cycle. Assists with implementation and maintenance activities for computer system software and configurations. Performs environment health checks as per the procedures and request provisioning. Assists in coordinating changes to software configurations. Designs, codes, and implements infrastructure software. Assists management and users with basic hardware and software needs when recommendations are made for upgrades or new purchases. Assists more senior members of the middleware team with the installation, configuration and development of middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Aids the middleware team in providing on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline or equivalent work experience is required.
- Up to one (0-1) year of experience required, related internship experience is a plus.
- Two to four (2-4) years of experience in technical and customer-support is preferred.
- Strong people skills and a knack for problem solving. Ability to use these skills to assure our user community is provided with swift resolutions to their technical needs.
- Ability to maintain composure and customer focus while troubleshooting and solving technical issues.
- Excellent organizational skills - Able to deal appropriately with many tasks simultaneously.
- Able to communicate at all levels, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Windows 7, Windows 10 and Macintosh operating systems.
- Experience with Remedy ticketing system.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office products, in particular manipulating Excel spreadsheets. Utilizing advanced functions would be desirable. Exposure to Office365 a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45054
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1813847