BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec Sys Eng./Prgmmer
· Oversees and leads the activities of the L1 application support team.
· Responsible for the management of all Level 1 Technical Support activities for APS applications.
· Provide technical management and resolution of application problems while maximizing customer satisfaction and minimizing level 2 application support services.
· Responsible for the management of Eyes on glass monitoring. End to End Monitoring of APS Infrastructure, closely analyzing the environments health and availability; and proactively identifying the issues; keeping the business up and running.
· Responsible for the management of Start of Day and End of Day health checks.
· Incident and Problem Management: Ensuring Customer Incidents are open and updated regularly using JIRA.
· Troubleshooting and Recovery/Resolution Management: Resolve incidents or escalate to appropriate Level 2 support teams.
· Contribute technical answers to the Knowledge Base database.
· Responsible for providing status updates to management.
· Other duties as assigned
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Required
· Strong management skills (along with performance reviews, hiring of talent, training, mentoring)
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, diplomacy, and positive attitude.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Ability to make decisions independently.
· Ability to work under stress and the pressure of deadlines.
· Flexibility and the ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities.
Experience and Qualifications Required
· Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Software Engineer) preferred.
· 5+ years’ experience in L1 application support.
· At least 2+ years of hands-on experience in application development.
Technical and Behavioral Competencies Nice to Haves
· Familiar with the following tools:
o AppDynamics – performance management
o Gitlab – version control
o Maven/Nexus – build and repository
o Jenkins – continuous integration
o Ansible – provisioning & deployment
o RPM –Linux package manager
o Chocolatey – windows package manager
o Jira – plan, manage, share & measure
o Confluence – knowledge/document management
o Symphony – collaboration
· General banking knowledge.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45173
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1813889