BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Group Manager Technology Resiliency
Sr. Group Manager Technology Resiliency is responsible for defining and establishing technology resiliency (inclusive of availability, support, and disaster recovery) program as we transform our technology and infrastructure.
S/he will guide technologists and help them modernize their approach towards technology resiliency. This role will engage at the policy and program development level as well as engage with technologists around design and architecture level decisions and their impact to resiliency. The role requires someone who has risk management mindset, deals well with ambiguity, and a passion to bring others along.
- Work with technologists and leadership to land the next generation of technology resiliency requirements and inform best-in-class design and continual improvement for the lifecycle of the technology stack.
- Reshape the Asset Servicing technology resiliency program collaborating across the enterprise to match how technology of the future is designed and maintained
- Ensure senior leadership understand their technology risks and help to prioritize them
- Work with technologists throughout the firm in application and system design meetings to identify solutions to top technology resiliency risks for next-generation of technologies as well as upgrades to traditional technology
· Good knowledge on Infrastructure Architectural topology : Active-Active, Active-Passive,
· Knowledge around messaging MQ, Kafka, Fire wall setups, cloud based infrastructure solutions would be essential
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred. 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- 15+ years of relevant work experience in technology preferred
- Enterprise application/system deployment or solution architecture experience or related technical experience
- Required to know technology resiliency solution options and when/how they should be used and desired previous demonstration of deployment of technology resiliency options
- Required to know Cloud Platform differentiators and how they play into resiliency/recovery situations
- Demonstrated ability to analyze what is and is not working in a program, and develop new, alternative program ideas
- Track record of successfully working with technologists in a Financial Services organization
- Demonstrated desire and passion to take on new ambiguous challenges with little or no guidance from others
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45318
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Asset Servicing Technology-HR07302
Requisition Number: 1813906