BNY Mellon Careers
Sr. Rep, Client Processing
The Cash Administrator works within the Cash Team which is responsible for all Domestic, International Equity and Exchange Traded Options cash settlement.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Processing cash payments and receipts for all domestic and international settlement;
- Cheque processing including banking and drawing;
- Processing cash settlement via ASX Austraclear/Exigo;
- Client money segregation including the monitoring and maintenance of Trust Balances and movements;
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders for all cash settlement queries;
- Perform sanction scanning on outbound payments;
- Conduct call backs to clients for third party cash transfers;
- Liaise with Money Market providers for daily settlement;
- Liaise with Margin Lenders for cash settlement;
- Deliver quality service to both internal and external clients ensuring all internal controls and procedures are complied with at all times;
- Ensuring procedures are kept up to date at all times;
- Assist with the scoping, implementation and testing of new applications/systems as required;
- Assist the projects team with the implementation and on-boarding of new clients;
- Ensure all processes comply with all Internal and market-wide policies/rules and regulations.
- Manage problem resolution for Cash related issues.
- Any other Cash or Securities related activities as required.
- The key qualifications required for the Cash Administrator role include:
- Tertiary qualifications, preferably with a business related focus.
- An in-depth understanding of the Clearing, Settlements and Custody Cycle;
- Project experience in both new implementation and enhancement projects required;
- Data entry experience;
- Settlements experience gained through equity settlements exposure at a securities organization or investment bank;
- Knowledge of CHESS and ASX business rules;
- Exposure to Industry related clearing systems.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Exposure to ASX Austraclear and Westpac Corporate Online preferable;
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Australia-New South Wales-Sydney
Internal Jobcode: 70609
Organization: Pershing SEC Australia-HR16948
Requisition Number: 1813910