BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Strategic Planning (Documentation)
This position is part of the Model Development Team within FM&A group. Successful candidates will be responsible for maintaining and updating documentation and communications that pertain to model development efforts for Fee Revenue and Expense forecasting.
Our primary mandate is to generate fee revenue and expenses models for BNY Mellon across all business areas and implement them as tools to be used internally for corporate and sector level budget and strategic projections. Furthermore, models are developed to generate estimates for fee revenue and expense as part of the CCAR (“Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review”) and DFAST (“Dodd Frank Act Stress Test”), annual and mid-year exercises by which the Federal Reserve assess whether the firm has sufficient capital to operate under stressful economic conditions.
The role will initially provide support functions while working closely with the model developers and other team members to document the end to end processes of model development with the expectation of expanded responsibilities with experience.
A strong work ethic and willingness to engage in all levels of activities is critical.
· --Work closely with the Program Manager and model developers in successfully meeting model development, model validation, Risk’s, and Audit’s timelines related to CCAR and DFAST.
· -- Assist with the development of supporting materials and presentations for senior management, Risk, and Audit.
· --Development of new strategies by working closely with business finance team leadership.
· -- Engage with new projects and assist in process improvement opportunities.
· -- Internally engage the necessary resources to meet deadlines and deliverables.
· --Ensure clear communications between all stakeholders.
· --- Document financial and investment models with oversight by senior team members.
· --Facilitate execution of ad-hoc projects with senior team members.
Qualifications--Bachelors degree in business or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required 3-5 years of related experience preferred. Experience in the securities or financial services industry preferred.
· --Strong work ethic.
· --Demonstrated problem solving abilities, structured analytical skills and thinking.
· -- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
· -- Strong Planning and project organizations skills.
· --Ability to effectively work under pressure and multi-task .
· --Strong PowerPoint, good Excel capabilities (examples may be requested).
· --Broad knowledge of financial products, banking activities, and managerial accounting is a plus.
· -- Familiarity with market data is a plus.
· --Familiarity with Investment Services and Investment Management a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 70197
Requisition Number: 1813947