BNY Mellon Careers
Manager - Application Support
Manager, Appl Support->> Leads a small application support team responsible for maintaining and supporting applications and their operating environments. Participates in overall testing effort. Monitors software and systems defects. Supports product migrations through all systems environments. Analyzes system requirements. May review SCM plans and SCM scripts/programs. Reviews and develops updates of contingency documentation and processes. Trains staff in technical tools and skills, as well as specific applications and their business functions to maximize their contribution to the team. Monitors changes to applications and their operating environment. Analyzes any complex issues. Manages a small application support team. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
As a Business Partner Technology Level 1 Production Support Lead, you will manage a team of support analysts responsible for several mission critical systems across a range of technologies. BNY Mellon’s Business Partner Technology includes applications supporting Enterprise Risk and Compliance, Finance and Corporate Treasury, Human Resources, and Enterprise Client Services.
The level 1 team will provide 24x7 first line support and incident management. The team will be responsible for incident resolution or escalation to the appropriate senior support resources and will manage communication with affected stakeholders.
- Manage a team of level 1 support analysts including responsibility for scheduling and shift coverage
- Work with level 2 support leads and application development teams to ensure up to date and accurate recovery documentation
- Mentor team members and ensure adequate technical and process training
- Participate in production readiness and permit to operate reviews for new initiatives to validate production supportability
- Keep up to date incident records
- Manage to Mean Time To Repair (MTTR) metrics and work on continuous improvement
- Work closely with a globally distributed team for follow the sun 24x7 coverage.
- Ability to deal with time sensitive issues in support of critical service level commitments
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Advanced Degree is beneficial
- 6+ years of experience in supporting mission critical applications
- Experience managing resources and / or project teams required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Experience in IT Support, Incident and Service Request Management.
- Excellent communication skills
- Linux / Unix command line and shell scripting
- Windows system management
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60587
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1814038