BNY Mellon Careers
Clearance and Collateral Technology (CCT) team is looking to hire a mid-level Executive Assistant (EA) to independently complete the full range of advanced administrative activities to support one or more executives, who are responsible for leading the CCT organization of ~400 employees and consultants, globally.
- EA’s tasks are frequently diverse, highly complex in nature and may include but are not limited to, calendar management, travel booking, expense reporting, word processing, data entry.
- Effectively prioritizes the needs of the office, executive(s) and/or team as prescribed by established guidelines, managing competing requests and switching focus as needed; often must negotiate prioritization of administrative activities with/among higher level team members/managers.
- Screens calls and visitors, and resolves inquiries. Sets up filing/organizational procedures. Manages supply orders and resolves associated issues on behalf of the office, executive(s) and/or team.
- Schedules meetings, prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes. Often independently creates and disseminates draft/final draft correspondence; copies, files and processes related documentation. May review those drafted by the executive's direct reports or other support staff for accuracy.
- Other activities often reflect some elements of the professional discipline supported, including beginning level bookkeeping/accounting and compliance.
- May review and analyze complex data, assist with expense management and development of budgets, accounts payables/receivables on behalf of the office, executive(s) and/or team. Liaises with the executive(s) and direct reports to prepare budget presentations for review and use by the assigned executive(s).
- Priority is on daily/weekly work, but will be responsible for executing longer term work/projects as requested.
- High school/secondary school or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Applicable vocational training (e.g., courses on relevant business software like the Microsoft Office Suite of products, basic business writing, or similar) preferred; AA degree or relevant business certifications preferred.
- Should be digitally inclined and tech savvy - intermediate to advanced user of standard business software (MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- 5-7 years of experience as an Executive Assistant supporting senior IT executives at large global corporations; previous Financial Industry experience strongly preferred.
- Effective collaboration and communication skills are required to interact with external and internal contacts at all levels.
- Should be self-starter and able to work independently in a fast faced environment.
- Tact, diplomacy and confidentiality are essential skills based on the level of internal and external contacts.
- Has significant latitude to adjust daily work routines as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in lieu of some experience may be considered.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 76003
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Clearing Markets ISS Svcs Tech-HR16624
Requisition Number: 1814106