BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Analyst, Fund/Client Accounting (Real Estate Fund Accountant)
Responsible for maintaining accounting/financial records of real estate investment portfolios structured as REITS, partnerships, limited liability companies, ("Funds") in accordance with department policies and procedures. The incumbent is primarily responsible for reviewing property level accounting and operational data related to fund level accounting and GAAP/IFRS financial reporting. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, review and analysis of monthly property reporting packages, cash management and reconciliation, daily accounting/entry postings and ad hoc requests. Resolves reconciliation of accounts for real estate related transactions and reviews work of team members. Performs complex Fund/Client Accounting responsibilities in the areas of driving Service Improvement plans, targeting efficiencies, enhancing processes and specialist review functions.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Provides input into methodologies and checks the work of more junior team members.
- Provides guidance and reviews work related to cash and asset reconciliations relating to complex accounts or transactions. Resolves reconciliation of accounts for more complex or atypical transactions and reviews work of junior team members.
- Completion of various internal/external inquiries and requests (e.g. inquiries/requests from clients, third party service providers, etc.) and special projects.
- This role requires frequent verbal and written communication with various internal/external parties. Investments include fee ownership in real estate and joint ventures.
- No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced team members. May have people management responsibilities in some geographies. Contributes to the achievement of related teams objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Prior professional accounting experience required, preferably in real estate or property accounting.
- 5-7 years of total work experience preferred – particularly in real estate or property accounting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer (Excel, Word, Yardi, accounting systems) and analytical skills preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1814118