HedgeMark (“HM”), a BNY Mellon company, specializes in supporting institutional clients in the development and operation of their own private hedge fund dedicated managed account platforms (“DMA”). HM supports clients in formation and structuring of their private vehicles; negotiating fund documents and counterparty agreements and project managing each fund’s launch. Post launch, HM provides risk and performance reporting and investment guideline monitoring to the client. HM is also responsible for performing operational and accounting functions which provide independent oversight and controls to the process.
As of May 31, 2018, HM services 91 DMA funds with $10.5 Billion assets under management.
Overview HM Fund Accounting Team Function
The HM Fund Accounting team works closely with HM’s Operations team for daily and monthly deliverables. The HM Fund Accounting team is responsible for reviewing and approving the Administrator’s net asset valuation, and will review and discuss the final reconciliation and valuation review performed by the Operations analyst. The HM Fund Accounting team is also responsible for reviewing and processing invoices and for managing the audit process. Each fund / client will have primary and backup HM Fund Accounting and Operations analysts who will work together to understand the particulars to the fund and to service the client.
The Senior Analyst, HM Fund Accounting is responsible for the following functions:
- Review daily/weekly/monthly NAV calculations, management/incentive fees and expense ratios for a variety of alternative investments products. Recalculate daily/weekly/monthly asset based operating expenses and fixed expenses to ensure accuracy of expenses calculated by admin.
- Prepare cash reconciliations between reports received from brokers and administrators.
- Review daily/weekly/monthly subscriptions/redemptions schedules prepared by external fund administrators and coordinate timely payment to the Fund itself (subscriptions) or the Funds’ investors (redemptions).
- Assist external fund administrators with various daily/weekly/monthly projects and coordinate timely NAV reporting to external clients.
- Ensure timely payment of invoiced expenses in accordance with each Fund’s agreements and payment process. Follow-up with vendors and investment managers in doing so.
- Monitor and review valuation methodologies within each Fund’s portfolios based on US GAAP guidance and the Funds’ individual pricing policy.
- Monitoring daily bank and brokers/counterparties cash balances.
- Respond to email queries from clients, investment managers, administrators and counterparties in a timely manner.
- Perform project work to support internal and external needs.
- Utilize cash reconciliation module, Expense module, Invoice module, NAV (performance) reporting module and NAV review module of our proprietary HM-Operations website. Provide new ideas and suggestions for enhancing our proprietary website to make processes efficient. Perform system testing for new releases.
- Review draft audited financial statements including analytical review of balance sheet and income statement accounts and related footnote disclosures.
- The candidate must have knowledge of and experience with hedge funds with many different types of investment structures and instrument types, including equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, interest rate swaps, credit default swaps, OTC options and structured products.
- The candidate must be highly proficient with PC applications (Excel and Word), must possess strong analytical and verbal communication skills and be able to work independently and under significant pressure while adhering to constantly changing strict deadlines.
- The candidate must be extremely detailed and control-oriented with a very strong understanding of the risks of our business, in addition to having good interpersonal skills in order to effectively partner with employees that do not report to him/her and to deal effectively with other internal groups and external clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 2-4 years of total work experience preferred. Big 4 accounting firm experience and CPA/CA preferred.
What we can offer you:
- Full time contract of employment
- Competitive salary
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PAS17
Organization: Asset Servicing-HR06026
Requisition Number: 1814141