BNY Mellon Careers
Operational Manager, Reconciliations (GIA Reconciliations)
Institutional Accounting provides portfolio accounting and reporting to clients of the BNYM core custody business. The service provides the delivery, to agreed deadlines, of an audited market valuation for a portfolio or group of portfolios, together with supporting transaction details. This team’s primary focus is to work in partnership with our clients, providing a complete and independent investment reporting package. We service a range of clients which include Corporate Pension Funds, Government Pension Funds, Central Banks, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Insurance Companies, and Investment Managers. These clients invest in the full range of financial instruments that include Equities, Bonds, Forward and Spot FX, Derivatives and Money Market instruments amongst others.
Overall responsibility (overview of the role): Manages a small team of Investment Reconciliation Administrators who are responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including daily reconciliation and clearance of cash and security transactions for both daily & monthly valued clients, including bond interest, dividends, trades & FX’s past due settlement date. Resolves escalated issues from team members. Manages the performance of assigned staff and sets team priorities
Key areas of responsibility:
• Manages a team in ensuring all cash and stock positions, interest and dividend exceptions; pending trades & FXs are reconciled within daily deadlines. Ensuring differences are identified, investigated and resolved in a timely manner thereby ensuring the Client’s records are accurate.
• Manages processes for checking the completeness and accuracy of investment reporting. Provides oversight of the team to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Resolves escalated issues from team members
• Manages relationships with internal teams and departments to ensure all questions are answered and issues impacting investment reporting are resolved in a timely manner.
• Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
• Maintains own personal development of investment reporting knowledge and regulations, the operating model and the financial products held by clients in order to ensure the team and departmental
procedures reflect current market developments and client requirements. Evaluates this and ensures that the team are kept up-to-speed with BNY Mellon institutional accounting practices.
• Senior Analyst, Fund/Client Accounting;
• Analyst, Fund/Client Accounting and
• Intermediate Rep, Fund/Client Accounting
Working conditions and other information (working hours, full time, permanent role)
• 7am – 6pm
• Monday – Friday (inclusive of bank holidays)
• This role does not fall under the FCA T&C Scheme
Qualifications• Previous experience in a financial services environment would be preferable. A proven successful management track record will also be considered.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance related subject or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Strong soft skills and experience of managing others
• Excellent Communication skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage the time and workloads of others • Flexibility and adaptability
• Well organised and focused, in order to meet tight deadlines
• An effective team worker
• Demonstrate a strong client service ethic
• Presentation and client liaison skills
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70506
Organization: Glb Inst Acctg Risk Solutions-HR14005
Requisition Number: 1814241