BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager Fund/Client Accounting
Lead Manager is responsible for managing a staff comprised of Lead Analysts/Account Managers, Senior Analysts and Fund Accounting Analysts whose responsibilities include providing premier client service and contributing to the production of client portfolio valuations, statements, and Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations
- Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements.
- Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices.
- Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance.
- Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience and at least
- 0-1 years in management preferred.
- Understanding of the overall direction of the AIS business and the relationship of these goals to the overall strategy of The Bank of New York Mellon
Understanding of the core services of AIS and how they meet the client's needs, including: portfolio accounting, investor accounting, custody, and transfer agency
Understanding of the ancillary products and services provided to the AIS client base, including: pricing, corporate actions and cash management.
Understanding of the security types making up the portfolios and how they trade, i.e., equities, fixed income securities, mortgage-backed securities, derivatives
Understanding of the transaction flows throughout AIS and the impact of mistakes at each step on the other
Knowledge of the policies and procedures of the department.
Understanding of the forms, documentation and other legal requirements to set up accounts in AIS
Understanding of the risks inherent in specific transactions
Understanding of the information flows through the various AIS systems
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70505
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1814495