BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Network Engineer
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Lead network engineer and architect for End User Network Services. This service is consumed by BNY Mellon employees in our corporate offices, branches and campuses who require wired or wireless access to corporate applications and network assets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead team discussions around network design, architecture and technical strategy.
- · Work closely with voice and video teams to ensure network strategy adheres to overall Unified Communications direction.
- · Ability to understand technical landscape and products that are not currently part of BNYM standard offering.
- Network configuration and escalated operational support as required.
Principal Network Engineer->> Leads the research, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration and implementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports the network infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs and supports inter-network solutions including the physical and logical configuration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire network topology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support and on-going review of complex network design. Works with other IT areas to define or support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with other IT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations, moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricate network issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emerging technologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potential and opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
· Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience in designing, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks is required.
· Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Network routing protocols BGP, OSPF, and EIGRP.
· Cisco product line including ISR/ASR routers and Catalyst 9000 series switches.
· QOS, multicast, layer 2 protocols.
· Network strategy around end user environment supporting various voice and video applications.
· Ability to support escalated operational issues.
· SD-WAN and overlay technologies, ie Cisco/Viptela.
· Network design around VDI
· Optimization strategy - Riverbed, WAAS
· Aruba wireless
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45197
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1814535