BNY Mellon Careers
Summer Analyst Program 2019 - Client Service Delivery
Summer Analyst Program
BNY Mellon’s Summer Analyst Program (SAP) provides high-potential students with a well-rounded, rewarding internship experience as well as an inside look into what it’s like to work for a global financial services organization that has been innovating and serving clients since 1784. With projects specifically chosen to both challenge and develop SAP participants, our summer analysts will gain valuable real-world experiences working in their respective line of business/function as well as learn to work together in collaborative teams.
From day one, summer analysts are immersed in BNY Mellon’s innovative and dynamic company culture as they will receive:
- meaningful and challenging work assignments;
- networking opportunities with peers, senior leaders and executives;
- exposure to different areas of business;
- comprehensive professional etiquette and financial services fundamentals training; and
- understanding of BNY Mellon’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Program At A Glance:
- 9-week (EMEA) or 10-week (U.S.) summer internship assignment within an identified line of business or division of BNY Mellon* that combines learning with skill development through practical work and projects;
- two-day in-person orientation/onboarding and virtual training curriculum; plus
- career development and networking support from a host of corporate leaders including rotation assignment managers, senior mentors, peer mentors, business stakeholders and a dedicated program manager.
*Lines of businesses that previously hosted summer analysts include Investment Management, Wealth Management, Technology, Asset Servicing, Pershing, Client Service Delivery, Markets, Global Client Management, Audit, Finance, HR, Risk & Compliance, Depositary Receipts and Treasury Services.
Potential Program Locations:
· US: Pittsburgh, PA *New York, NY * Jersey City, NJ * Boston, MA * Lake Mary, FL
· EMEA: London and Manchester (UK), Dublin (Ireland), Wroclaw (Poland)
- Small, selective program size that allows for more personal attention and support;
- Participants can further develop their technical and business acumen skills/expertise, enhance leadership abilities and build networks across the organization;
- Robust onboarding and training curriculum designed specifically for summer analysts;
- Full commitment from top-level management to make our program the premier internship/talent pipeline program within the financial services industry;
- Opportunity to apply for one of our full-time pipeline leadership programs, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP) and Technology Leadership Program (TLP).
SAP aims to create a pipeline of talent to feed entry-level pipeline program and entry-level full-time position hiring needs. Upon successful completion of the program as well as overall performance and business need, there are potential full-time employment opportunities that our summer analysts may apply for, including the Emerging Leaders Program (ELP), Technology Leadership Program (TLP) and full-time direct hire roles.
- · Enrollment in a 4-year undergraduate (U.S.) or full-time undergraduate (UK) degree program with a strong focus on business-related and/or technology-related majors;
- Rising senior (U.S.) or penultimate year students (UK) during summer 2019;
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 or better (U.S.) or 2:1 (UK);
- Well-rounded and balanced background including demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Not require sponsorship for employment visa status (now or in the future) in the region where they apply.
Please note: all technology SAP candidates must also obtain a passing score on BNY Mellon’s Hacker Rank coding challenge.
Role Specific: The successful candidate should be detail oriented with considerable knowledge and understanding of what factors might influence the market, evaluate the relevance of data and being able to identify relevant data resources: Essential requirements include: - Excellent project management skills - The candidate must be able to gather inputs (both statistical and client behavioural), interpret and analyze data and articulate these to Market Management team. - Fluency in one or several major European languages would be helpful but not essential.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. Additional information is available at www.bnymellon.com.
BNY Mellon Treasury Services understands the profound and ever changing challenges our clients face as they seek to move, access, and apply their cash and associated business information on a global basis. By applying our global payments, supply chain management and client access and liquidity solutions, we aim to help more clients optimize global liquidity and make sound business decisions by: -Initiating and collecting payments with an eye toward cost control, increased efficiency, access to business information and risk mitigation. -Applying active and passive cash investment strategies and innovative transaction and reporting tools in ways that best support their business needs. -Processing international payments, 24/7, anywhere and in more than 100 currencies with an emphasis on excellent client service and quality. Our focus on product leadership and client intimacy lay the groundwork for continued innovation, enduring relationships and customer satisfaction.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Job: Customer/Client Service
Internal Jobcode: 52255
Organization: Securities Service Delivery-HR06423
Requisition Number: 1814592