BNY Mellon Careers
Index Strategy, Product Manager
- Understand and articulate the index/beta investment process and key competitive differentiators and be viewed as a subject matter expert
- Develop a strong partnership with the portfolio management and analyst teams in order to be a credible and highly effective alternate for the portfolio managers, serving as the product expert to relationship managers and the sales team
- Respond to queries from sales team members
- Help prepare and review presentation materials for client meetings
- Respond to RFP searches with relevant investment content. Maintain up-to-date investment language in RFP database
- Support Senior Index Strategist and portfolio management team with ongoing competitive analyses
- Support Senior Index Strategist in developing ongoing index-relevant thought leadership such as white papers and commentaries. Content may be both regularly scheduled or ad hoc, on an as-needed basis
- Help to identify demand for new products; develop, position and support those products
- Develop and maintain materials for use in slide decks and other materials to support the product offering
- May be called on to participate in presentations or other meetings with clients as requested and as presentation skills and specific knowledge base develop
- Help to customize strategist team materials for region and by client type (working with Marketing)
- Liaise with investment teams and other strategists regularly to understand their views/investment and key product capabilities
- BA/BS in Finance or Business. MBA and/or CFA or progress toward designation desirable.
- Must possess 2-5 years of experience in a similar position within the asset management or consulting industry, especially with knowledge and experience of index portfolio management or strategy
- Comprehensive analytical and organizational skills are essential
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Accustomed to working within strict deadlines with a high commitment to accuracy.
- Client-facing experience is desirable
- A self-motivated team player capable of working well with colleagues across the business
- Enjoys working in a collegial environment & thrives in an intense & dynamic organization
- Confidence taking responsibility for all kinds of tasks, processes and projects
- Experience using Bloomberg, Factset, Barra and other databases
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-California-San Francisco
Internal Jobcode: 70238
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1814635