BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Data Analyst
Specialist Data Analyst
The Hardware Asset Management team enables accurate tracking of the firm’s IT hardware fleet globally by combining robust data analytics, continuous process improvement and client support activities. We design and deploy application solutions to further automate inventory actions. We respond to risk, regulatory and operational requirements. We collaborate with staff globally to achieve successful outcomes.
Key responsibilities include:
· Create and maintain data queries across multiple DBMS system types, understanding and documenting data models as needed.
· Analyze data from a variety of internal sources, communicate results succinctly and drive resolution of discrepancies.
· Establishing and adjusting data cleansing rules to reduce error rates and increase data accuracy.
· Designing, developing and maintaining enterprise level data analysis and reporting solutions.
· Documenting business and technical requirements, capturing process flows and outlining application procedures.
· Interacting with system users on issues and enhancements and troubleshooting failures to resolution.
· Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent education and work experience is required.
· Critical thinking and analytical skills to solve problems and effectively communicate solutions.
· Strong background in relational data concepts, with an emphasis on the use of analytic and reporting tools such as SQL, SSAS, Jasper, Qlik, SSRS, Erwin, R, ACL, Advanced Excel.
· Familiarity with inventory concepts and/or experience in the securities or financial services industry are a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45122
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Office of the CIO-HR06033
Requisition Number: 1814636