BNY Mellon Careers
Workforce Planning Analyst (Specialist Business Process Analyst)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a business professional to join our BNY Mellon technology team and be part of a top priority initiative for our technology senior leadership team.
The Workforce Development Analyst is responsible for ensuring strategic goals are met through forecast modeling, capacity planning, recruiting/hiring, collaboration, and effective communication. The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing a talent sourcing strategy, active recruiting plan, and a variety of talent management process improvements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build a global talent demand forecast that will be the basis for TSG’s ability to recruit and hire based on strategic growth sites and the ability to find niche, top talent.
- Create a method and network for analyzing space constraints in our core global locations.
- Identify and remediate risks to the workforce from external/internal business and market factors.
- Develop and implement a sourcing strategy to attract top talent through active and creative recruitment techniques that explore alternative sources of talent.
- Partner with subject matter experts in the recruitment process to execute against the sourcing strategy with the ultimate goal of streamlining process and increasing the pipeline of quality candidates to the organization.
- Structure the internal interviewing playbook.
- Identify and maintain current and accurate workforce metrics to measure and facilitate continuous improvement.
- Participate and lead ad hoc projects pertaining to Workforce Development depending on current needs of the organization.
Specialist Business Process Analyst ->> Performs reactive and proactive processes and activities required to design, implement, maintain, and improve the compliance and performance of operations processes on complex projects. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Performs complex data mining, trend analysis, metric and report production, process maturity and compliance assessment, process flow charting, and iterative process activities (e.g. validity checks, change reviews, data quality checks, and process reviews). Identifies and defines the sequence or procedural workflow of process activities and tasks. Creates process requirements, reviews functional requirements, validates solutions, coordinates and participates in testing, coordinates and participates in process rollouts for complex or multiple enhancements. Engages with stakeholders that cross multiple functionalities for process development, implementation, and support. Investigates and methodically analyzes, diagnoses and resolves any suspected or reported performance issues, questions, incidents, or problems identified through monitoring activities. Identifies, measures and records the Organizations, Process, and Performers current-state performance results to establish the baseline measurement for performance improvement initiatives. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
We Are Looking for Individuals Who:
- Are highly organized with great attention to detail while keeping the larger picture in mind.
- Possess a consultative style and approach with the proven ability to develop credible relationships and to communicate effectively, both written and verbal.
- Can think strategically and translate concepts into actionable items while being able to creatively solve problems.
- Enjoy building services or capabilities from scratch with little structure or guidance.
- Possess strong analytical acumen, deep technical hands-on expertise in data analytics, data modelling, data visualization, business intelligence, and automated reporting.
- Possess an expert skill level with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Are self-motivated and able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Have the ability to execute and deliver results.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related experience is required.
- Process improvement experience including Green Belt Lean Six Sigma Training.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45140
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1814643