BNY Mellon Careers
Representative, Client Processing (Entry Level Positions)
Overview of BNY Mellon
BNY Mellon is a technology led global Financial Services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
We currently have a number of opportunities in our Manchester office within EMEA Client Service Delivery as Representatives.
The duties and tasks you may expect to learn and be responsible for (among others) in those various teams are as follows
Provides support in the execution of mandatory and voluntary CSD action-related custody and accounting processing, processing liability notices, processing and allocating dividend and interest payments, and processing class action suits.
Responsible for initiating, processing and maintaining voluntary and mandatory corporate actions and dividends on products.
Supports and completes basic client inquiries and requests.
Assists in reconciling client holdings versus agent holdings for corporate action transaction processing.
Ensures all relevant documentation and recordkeeping is maintained within event
Participates in client conversion, release and continuous improvement activities.
We are looking for professionals and recent graduates (from various faculties) who want to develop their knowledge in the area of finance. Requirements:
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
- BA or MA degree (from various faculties)
- Proficiency with MS Office & PC literacy
- Interest in, and a basic knowledge of, financial markets
- Ability to focus on accuracy and timeliness
- Active, communicative and able to work well in a team
- Organisational, inter-personal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under time pressure
- Motivated to acquire knowledge, develop and advance
What we offer:
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
- A supportive, open and inclusive working environment
- Job security with many opportunities for growth in a well-known company
- Challenging work
- Competitive pay
- Private medical cover and group life insurance
- Sports, social and charity events
- Opportunities to engage with BNY Mellon team members across multiple disciplines
This is a talent pipeline posting. Should you be suitable for a position, a member of our Recruitment Team will get in touch.
The closing date for this position is 11am on 10th October 2018.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater Manchester-Manchester
Internal Jobcode: PCSD62
Organization: Securities Service Delivery-HR06423
Requisition Number: 1814732