BNY Mellon Careers
VP, Global Corporate Development – FP&A
BNY Mellon Global Corporate Development (“GCD”) team assists the BNY Mellon Executive Committee (“EC”) in developing and executing organic and inorganic strategies to enable the firm to meet its growth and profitability goals. Members of the team work directly with the BNY Mellon CFO, line-of-business (“LoB”) leadership and the Executive Committee (“EC”) on diverse projects, including but not limited to:
1. Mergers & Acquisitions – GCD leads M&A processes at BNY Mellon, including acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and strategic partnerships. It oversees activities across the full M&A value chain, from deal sourcing to execution, with team members involved in all aspects of a potential transaction, including (but not limited to): deal flow generation, strategic assessment, valuation, due diligence, transaction structuring, contract negotiations and managing interaction with various internal and external constituents (e.g. BNY Mellon Executive Committee, investment bankers, regulators, etc.).
2. Organic Growth Initiatives – GCD assists EC and LoB leadership in assessing the impacts of proposed strategic initiatives, including (but not limited to): developing / launching new products, entering / exiting markets, cross-business unit partnerships and organizational restructurings. We bring thought leadership and sophisticated financial / markets expertise to help develop the business case, identify key value drivers, verify underlying assumptions and model out financial impacts of proposed initiatives.
3. Outsourcing Transactions – GCD works with LoB teams to assess financial impacts of proposed outsourcing transactions. In doing so we challenge / verify the underlying assumptions for the transaction, assess potential implications of the proposed transaction structure and terms and generally ensure that the deal meets appropriate financial hurdles.
Across all of the above, one of key responsibilities of GCD is to develop data-driven insights and recommendations to an EC / Board of Directors level audience and help execute the approved course of action, which often directly contributes to BNY Mellon’s financial results.
The VP, Global Corporate Development – FP&A works with senior GCD team members and other BNYM executives on all relevant projects, with specific responsibilities including, but not limited to:
· Developing complex financial models and creating presentations for BNY Mellon senior leadership (CEO, CFO, EC, etc.) summarizing our findings and recommendations.
· Assisting with overall project management, including interacting with internal (e.g. Accounting, Tax, etc.) and external (e.g. investment bankers) constituents, managing / coordinating specific workstreams (e.g. due diligence), data tracking, etc.
· Maintaining various GDC data bases, models and templates.
The position provides exceptional exposure to BNY Mellon’s senior leadership and opportunities to work on diverse projects across all of BNY Mellon’s business lines and geographies.
· Mature, self-motivated individual with time-management and organizational skills necessary to support / lead multiple overlapping projects often under strict deadlines and ability to work effectively on diverse, fast-paced teams
· Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a financial / quantitative discipline (accounting, finance, statistics, economics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum experience: 3+ years of experience (5 - 7 years preferred) in general accounting or finance. Financial forecasting, modelling and analysis experience preferred. Global financial services, investment banking and / or business intelligence and analytics experience a plus.
· Knowledge of general accounting and finance concepts, including ability to create integrated financial statement forecasts (P&L, balance sheet, cash flow statement) to model project’s returns (IRR, NPV, ROIC), EPS accretion / dilution and impact on capital ratios.
· Knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a must
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 85068
Requisition Number: 1814787