BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist, Administration & Planning (Business Manager - HR Operations)
- Operating Plan: Manage the department/group operating budget management; assist in the development of the operating plan including but not limited to:
- Staff/non-staff expenses
- Major project expenditures
Strategic Project/Program Management:
- Leads initiatives within the business/function.
- Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Analyzes project implementation status and provides feedback.
- Solves complex issues in implementation to make recommendations for improving the project status.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and best practice adoption across the department/group
- In conjunction with the management team, identify opportunities to shift administrative processes and change workflows to maximize revenue-generating activities
- Drafts business organizational announcements
- Plans town halls, strategic off-sites and management meetings
- Works with the business/function management team to implement and enforce policies, standards, and processes that require in-depth knowledge of business or function roles and organizational design.
- Works closely with senior management to understand their needs and provides appropriate guidance, direction, and communication.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience required; MBA preferred 8-10 years of experience in financial services or business partner function preferred as well as experience within a PMO function highly preferred; At least 3 years in project management or applicable business or function and cost-effective budgetary responsibility; Experience in the securities industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Human Resources is invested in helping BNY Mellon achieve business success by building a winning, high-performance culture that stems from great talent, leadership, learning and diversity; and partnering with employees to provide the tools and resources necessary to support successful career growth and help ensure employees' wellbeing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70702
Job: Human Resources
Organization: HR Solutions Center-HR06284
Requisition Number: 1814811