BNY Mellon Careers
Sr.Spec'st Project/Prgm Mgr
Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Solid Portfolio and Project Management experience/skills
- Experience with Iterative methodology desired. Also familiar with the agile processes and applying them to the Iterative process.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- 7-10 years of experience in providing consulting advice to senior IT and business management required; experience in the third party and risk services industry is a plus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to changing priorities.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with all levels of the organization, from technical to Snr Mgmt.
- Prior experience of working in distributed global teams.
- Must have experience with MS Office Suite
Experience with web based user interface development processes. Ability to contribute to the effectiveness of UI component design and testing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: BNY Mellon Technology-HR06363
Requisition Number: 1814899