BNY Mellon Careers
Manager, Trustee Depositary
BNYM SA/NV Luxembourg branch fulfils an oversight role under the regulations published by the EU and by the Belgian and Luxembourg regulators. Custody Oversight & Regulatory Affairs (‘CO&RA’) owns several custody-related operational and oversight processes that ensure on-going compliance with regulations and policies and require a strong focus on service quality as well as solid controls.
- Coach staff and ensure team performance by setting objectives, by scheduling regular performance meetings and by organizing training
- Make staff aware of client needs and expectations and ensure that the client’s and BNYM’s systems-, operational- and product- requirements are well understood
- Organize and chair regular staff meetings
- Handle staffing-related administrative tasks such as headcount/budget justification, performance reviews and holiday planning, and take ownership in case of issues.
- Implement tracking tools and procedures to ensure that service issues and compliance breaches are identified, correctly addressed and reported.
- Respond to all ad-hoc information requests from (senior) management within the timeframes advised.
- Provide on-request support for correct implementation of custody models & related operational flows.
- Act as senior contact person / SME for custody-related account data and compliance requests
- Perform quality review of custody-related tasks processed in operational centres
- Assist with special instruction processing and reporting according to the standard CO&RA procedures
- Log and respond to internal or external queries
- Query or escalate any issues discovered during CO&RA’s oversight reviews
- Co-ordinate internal audit requests, compliance reviews, CSSF meetings
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 5-7 years of total work experience is preferred with at least 0-1 years in management.
- Prior Trustee experience preferred.
- Investment funds, auditing or legal experience preferred.
- Good understanding of the Luxembourg and European regulatory framework
- Basic custody knowledge
- Strong and effective communication skills in English, both verbal and in written
- Control and risk minded
- Ability to work against tight deadlines.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70616
Organization: AS Global Front Office-HR16987
Requisition Number: 1814962