BNY Mellon Careers
IT Helpdesk Analyst
To provide IT support to Walter Scott employees.
- Initial escalation point for all Walter Scott employees
- Root cause analysis of desktop technology related problems and management of these problems to final resolution.
- Support for Network, Server and Telephony infrastructure incidents and development escalating to BNY Mellon TSG support where necessary.
- Standard desktop applications implementation, servicing and decommissioning (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, etc.).
- Coordination of desktop / telephony/ printing equipment for moves / changes / new starters.
- Training, equipment configuration, installation and resource planning.
- Hardware asset management and disposal control.
- Participation in technology projects.
- Provide daily support during defined production hours.
- Planning, preparation and execution of desktop related aspects of DR rehearsals.
- Documentation contributor, responsible for amending and advising on desktop documentation. This includes the internal assets database, internal procedures, 3rd party documentation, triage documents and task book.
- Assist with cyber security monitoring and management of access to Walter Scott systems.
- Creation and administration of user accounts in key systems.
Job Specific Competencies
- Computer skills / technical literacy
- Organizational skills
- Initiative / sense of urgency
- Desire to learn and improve services
- Results focus
- Work quality / attention to detail
- Problem solving
Technical Skills, Knowledge, Systems Knowledge (and associated skill level)
- Active Directory
- Network technologies - TCP/IP & Wireless
- Printer support
- MS Office suite
- Server and Desktop OS, Application and Hardware support
- VPN and Citrix support
- Mobile device support (Blackberry Work, iOS, Android)
- IP Phones and Conferencing facilities.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent)
Educated in relevant discipline or work experience
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50104
Organization: Walter Scott & Partners-HR06152
Requisition Number: 1814967