BNY Mellon Careers
Principal, Client Service
- Independently works with large, complex external clients to resolve the most critical and complex day-to-day issues and direct them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon.
- May resolve atypical or or highly complex issues and/or escalate to management as appropriate.
- May serve as subject matter experts on BNY products and services. May lead staff on specific projects and resolution of client issues.
- Leads team members across multiple lines of business in providing support to major clients, whose partnership with BNY Mellon may have a broad & significant impact on the business, in addressing and resolving the most complex operational and technical issues and ensuring requests are executed. Applies advanced problem solving skills, judgement, and extensive experience to analyze information.
- Uses masterful communication skills to deliver high quality service to a specialized client base. May contribute to the development of strategic initiatives that are designed to improve client service experience. Typically provides senior leadership at assigned clients information related to BNY Mellon's products and services representing a broad array of lines of business and geographies; leverages a superior understanding of broader BNY Mellon services and offerings. Leads senior level or key individuals at clients in reviewing potential business needs and directs them to appropriate resources at BNY Mellon. Resolves the most critical and complex or non-routine client issues or inquires, as needed.
- Leads resolution of issues escalated by more junior team members.
- Maintains relationships with business leaders to report client trends and needs. Uses superior knowledge of client issues and needs to lead business development efforts. Uses superior understanding of BNY Mellon products and services to best propose expanded offerings to clients for front office consideration.
- Provides strategic guidance on internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience. Uses knowledge of client services best practices and BNY Mellon client needs to lead the team's development of process improvements.
QualificationsBachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. 12-15 years of total work experience preferred. Experience in an operational area and/or client services preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70714
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Service Directors-HR16351
Requisition Number: 1815014