BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Representative, Middle Office
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services. Senior Representative, Middle Office reports to the Supervisor and is responsible for:
- Timely and accurate processing and/or settlement of security trades and, where appropriate, cash transactions, on behalf of their assigned Middle Office clients. Trade types may include equities, fixed interest, unit trusts, foreign exchange, money markets, repos, stock lending, OTC/ETDs, options, etc..
- Accurate reflection of complex transaction activity involving sophisticated structures and investment transactions. The position is the primary contact for trade support and settlement services within Middle Office Client Service Delivery for specific clients.
- Effectively interface with various global institutions within the financial services industry, interface with: Custodian Banks, Brokers, Asset Managers and Securities Lending Agents.
- Ensure that Trades are confirmed with the brokers in a timely manner, with exceptions investigated, reported and resolved.
- Process all cash instructions, within the market currency deadlines where possible.
- Thorough, accurate and timely investigation of any failing trades, escalating to the Supervisor where appropriate.
- Monitor all outstanding queries related to pending corporate actions or cash and stock reconciliation items are actively resolved on a timely basis, documenting investigation steps and recognizing and responding appropriately to areas of risk, escalating where necessary.
- Timely and accurate production of reporting, both internal and external, and any special or ad hoc reporting.
- Properly assist the Team Lead with the mentoring and training of new hires by Job Shadowing.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master Degree in Finance, Economics, Management.
- Fluent verbal and written English.
- 2-3 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in accounting support or the mutual fund industry preferred.
- Computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure within set deadlines.
- Ability to provide support to other team members by answering questions and offering guidance.
- Interest in financial markets and trades.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Full time contract of employment.
- Location: Aquarius Building ul. Swobodna 3.
- Competitive salary.
- Health & Life Insurance.
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary.
- Pension scheme.
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development.
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations.
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects.
- A collaborative culture and great teams.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data. BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.- BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom. Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70550
Organization: MOCSD Service Delivery-HR17225
Requisition Number: 1815108