BNY Mellon Careers
Lead Manager, Fund/Client Accounting (Real Estate Team)
Please note: This position sits within the Real Estate Fund Accounting team. This group provides portfolio accounting, partnership accounting, financial reporting and administration services for hedge funds, private equity funds, and real estate funds. They oversee the accounting of various investment instruments such as private investments, real assets, fixed income, foreign/domestic securities, and variety of derivatives.
General responsibilities may include:
- Provides oversight for multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants responsible for conducting accounting services on behalf of assigned clients including determining net asset values, calculating fund performance, allocating expenses, and preparing reports.
- Manages the performance of teams and sets area priorities.
- Manages multiple teams in determining the net asset value (NAV) for assigned funds for each measurement cycle.
- Manages relationships with assigned clients and resolves any escalated issues related to fund calculations and accounting.
- Directs and sets priorities for processes that check for the completeness and accuracy of disclosure in financial statements. Provides guidance to teams managed to ensure that accounting records are maintained in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated issues from team members.
- Evaluates GAAP and/or IFRS rules to determine impact of new regulations on BNY Mellon fund accounting practices. Provides guidance to teams on implementation of new policies to follow regulations.
- Directs the drafting of financial reports for clients to review fund performance. Communicates reports and accounting intricacies to clients.
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Leads working relationships with auditors and clients to make changes to financial reports and ensure they accurately depict fund performance.
- Manages multiple small teams or one large team of Accountants. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 5-7 years of total work experience and at least 0-1 years in management preferred - particularly in real estate or property accounting.
- Big 4 accounting firm experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer (Excel, Word, Yardi, accounting systems) and analytical skills preferred.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Lake Mary
Internal Jobcode: 70505
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1815159